The Student Room Group

I feel so ugly.

I've started at a new college and I've been outgoing and confident and spoken to some nice people and made some good friends.

But today, everything seemed to get on top of me. I'm usually quite confident in my looks, and am not afraid to think "hey I look quite nice today". Right now, I just feel so ugly. I'll list the different things.

Body: just feel really fat. I'm sick of feeling rolls on my stomach when I sit down and I always get self conscious of having a double chin.

Hair: my hair just is horrible at the moment. First a dry itchy scalp, now frizzy poofy hair that just looks so bad.

Skin: Don't know what's happened to my skin in the past few months. It's usually nice but now have a lot of bumps on my forehead and this spot that has gone away has left a dark scar which I'm quite conscious of.

Sweating: I've noticed if I have to share an answer in front of somebody who I might be attracted too for example, I feel my face burning up & my hands and face begin to sweat. I've also noticed that deodorant/anti-antiperspirants aren't working for me and sometimes, despite how much I try to cover it up with perfume, that I smell. I'm sick of getting all hot and sweaty all the time when everybody else can wear like their little grey t shirts.

People: I now feel like the people who I've found attractive and perhaps made eye contact with are all like 'wtf is that girl looking at me for'. Also, that everybody just thinks I'm ugly. When I used to see people look at me, I would think "hey maybe I look good today" but now I realise it's because I look terrible.

I should be revising and doing homework but this has just taken over me at the moment.
Well I bet you look nice, you're just giving yourself a hard time. Try not to stress yourself too much because that'll lead to munching on snacks(weight gain), acne etc... So just enjoy while you're in college, you're still young anyway :biggrin:D P/s: change a shampoo and use a conditioner and moroccan oil c:
Reply 2
Original post by Charmander13
Well I bet you look nice, you're just giving yourself a hard time. Try not to stress yourself too much because that'll lead to munching on snacks(weight gain), acne etc... So just enjoy while you're in college, you're still young anyway :biggrin:D P/s: change a shampoo and use a conditioner and moroccan oil c:

Thank you!
Original post by Anonymous
Thank you!

No worries c: And i will slap you with my bacon if you start to doubt yourself again.

Quick Reply

Latest