The Student Room Group

Do attractive genuine compassionate girls exist?

Scroll to see replies

of course there are! They are usually the ones everyone over looks because they are the ones who are always around, supporting people, being kind and considerate and being friendzoned left right and centre, because men seem not to be interested in genuinely kind compassionate girls, they like the flirty, loud , obnoxious, inappropriate ones... or ones they like but dont show an interest- you sit back it he shadows, look after them when they are broken hearted, tell them it'll be ok- help them feel better and then they go off and chase the innapropriate ones and forget the kind hearted girls who cared for them.

well, the ones I know mostly :P though im sure thats not true for all men :smile:
Original post by geoking
Because expecting a partner to be attractive is just outrageous :rolleyes:

Quit being a liberal done spewing sayings which are lacking even an iota of thought.

OP is not expecting a partner to be attractive, OP is expecting someone who is a) attractive and b) compassionate (whatever OP might mean). Should we assume that OP is too a)attractive and b) compassionate or should we assume that OP has none of these traits but he nevertheless want them in a partner?

I find it odd because, why would an attractive and compassionate girl would look for a partner that is neither attractive or compassionate?

P.S. Pretty sure I spew things with more thought than you. :rolleyes:
Reply 42
Original post by Juichiro
OP is not expecting a partner to be attractive, OP is expecting someone who is a) attractive and b) compassionate (whatever OP might mean). Should we assume that OP is too a)attractive and b) compassionate or should we assume that OP has none of these traits but he nevertheless want them in a partner?

I find it odd because, why would an attractive and compassionate girl would look for a partner that is neither attractive or compassionate?

When I say Attractive I mean like above a 6, and am not bad looking I've come across girl's who think i'm fit, or asked me out first but most would find me cute :/ but I reckon am an amazing guy ..trying not to be big headed and I know plenty would think the same about me.
I don't know how being attractive suddenly makes them not genuine lol. Yeah, a lot of people may be attractive and know they are, hence they act slightly full of themselves but there are always going to be girls who don't really know. I have so many friends who are amazingly pretty yet don't believe so, and they're so lovely both inside and out - so it's perfectly possible lol :tongue:
Yeah its possible...maybe. :h:
Since when did being attractive nullify any positive personality traits. You can be genuine and compassionate no matter what you look like...
Original post by Juichiro

Why would you assume OP wasn't compassionate and whatever he deems attractive enough to look for the same in another person?

Oh wait. That wasn't your original point, that's you trying to sidestep the turd of an argument you said earlier. You said looking for someone attractive is shallow. That's ****ing ridiculous.

So no, you spew things up clearly as a defense mechanism rather than saying something thoughtful and valuable. :cool:
Original post by Future African game vet
of course there are! They are usually the ones everyone over looks because they are the ones who are always around, supporting people, being kind and considerate and being friendzoned left right and centre, because men seem not to be interested in genuinely kind compassionate girls, they like the flirty, loud , obnoxious, inappropriate ones... or ones they like but dont show an interest- you sit back it he shadows, look after them when they are broken hearted, tell them it'll be ok- help them feel better and then they go off and chase the inappropriate ones and forget the kind hearted girls who cared for them.

well, the ones I know mostly :P though im sure thats not true for all men :smile:

Those girls are usually the plain ones with little confidence so not fun to be around at all.

Finding a girl who is attractive, level headed and interesting is very, very difficult in this country as it breeds women who crave male attention and spend little time cultivating their personalities.
Original post by Future African game vet
of course there are! They are usually the ones everyone over looks because they are the ones who are always around, supporting people, being kind and considerate and being friendzoned left right and centre, because men seem not to be interested in genuinely kind compassionate girls, they like the flirty, loud , obnoxious, inappropriate ones... or ones they like but dont show an interest- you sit back it he shadows, look after them when they are broken hearted, tell them it'll be ok- help them feel better and then they go off and chase the innapropriate ones and forget the kind hearted girls who cared for them.

:smile:

Those are the ones I go after. The "flirty, loud , obnoxious, inappropriate ones" scare the **** out of me. Yet I get friend zoned left right and center :huff: Ar you complaining that the "flirty, loud , obnoxious, inappropriate guys" don't approach these women. That might explain my experience, I dunno. Maybe I'm just boring :/

Original post by geoking
Those girls are usually the plain ones with little confidence so not fun to be around at all.

Not really. Some people just take a bit of effort getting to know. Once you do get to know them they can be very interesting people.
(edited 9 years ago)
I know some of these girls, but you first have to focus on being the right person first than searching for Miss. Right.
She'll come when the time is right.
Reply 50
Original post by geoking

Finding a girl who is attractive, level headed and interesting is very, very difficult in this country as it breeds women who crave male attention and spend little time cultivating their personalities.

I feel its the media in this country, that has lead innocent girls to become corrupted as they try to fit in with society. I've met foreign girls that come across as more genuine and compassionate.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Jgco2chem
I feel its the media in this country, that has lead innocent girls to become corrupted as they try to fit in with society. I've met foreign girls that come across as more genuine and compassionate.

Completely agree, and also I think it's also society. Why is it that in Germany there are so many female engineers, and India produces female IT workers whereas in the UK we produce teachers and nurses, with most of them falling into that job as they don't know what else to do.
Original post by geoking
1.Why would you assume OP wasn't compassionate and whatever he deems attractive enough to look for the same in another person?

Oh wait. 2. That wasn't your original point, that's you trying to sidestep the turd of an argument you said earlier. 3.You said looking for someone attractive is shallow. That's ****ing ridiculous.

So no, you spew things up clearly as a defense mechanism rather than saying something thoughtful and valuable. :cool:

1. Why would you assume the opposite? :wink:

2. My point was that perhaps OP was doing what he did not want women to do (i.e. being shallow).

3. No, read again. I said looking for someone attractive AND compassionate is shallow. As shallow as for an average looking poor individual to say if handsome and rich guys exist (presumably, that are interested in that particular individual). That is shallow because it neglects the fact that non-rich guys can also be handsome. In the same way, OP neglected the fact that non-attractive compassionate girls exist. But guess what, he is not interested in "ugly" girls at all. How deep is that? :rolleyes:

4. So nope, what I said is thoughtful (i.e. Exhibiting or characterized by careful thought).

:cool:
Yes
Yes, they do. I don't know how old you are OP, or the girls you're familiar with and deem not to be genuine and compassionate, but I think those are qualities that develop over time and with life experience. Few teens lack the awareness and understanding to embody those qualities.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 55
They do, and they are enormously in demand..
Yes.
women arent these mystical beings that come from planet jupiter
(although they are pretty crazy) .
They are humans.
Up your game son
Reply 57
Original post by geoking

I wish I could say that second paragraph wasn't true, but it is. A lot of women have developed clone-personalities tailor-made to fit male expectations of what a girl should act like. It's really annoying and actually makes it difficult for me to be close friends with girls. I was a bit of a tomboy as a child and never cared for male attention so thankfully I think I avoided that trap.

Quick Reply