The Student Room Group

need advice

I took a gap year, because I wasn't well, but still not great, is it a bad idea taking another year out until i'm 100%?
Also whats distant learning?
Reply 1
Original post by loves history
I took a gap year, because I wasn't well, but still not great, is it a bad idea taking another year out until i'm 100%?
Also whats distant learning?
If you aren't 100% it can be an excellent idea to take another year out - there is no rule that says you have to be at university by the time you are 21!

Distance learning is based on correspondence or - more usually nowadays - online contact with your tutors, and studying at home in your own time. The Open University is the market leader in distance learning for undergraduate study. Their courses are designed to accommodate people with jobs, or other major commitments, so it's part-time study, which might be worth considering if your health isn't up to full-time study and/or you need to stay at home for the moment.

If you are London based, you should also check out Birkbeck College as they offer part-time undergraduate courses where you can attend lectures and seminars during the day or in the evenings.
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending