The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Why don't you check out German unis then? Email the universities - you can probably arrange it yourself once you're a student even if they don't have links. I know you can for industrial placement years in science degrees in the UK.
Reply 2
Most German unis offer exchanges within the EU. I have a friend at TU Dresden and she's going to Warwick for a year now. She's on the Erasmus Scheme. I believe you can take part in Erasmus at almost every European uni. Shouldn't be a problem!
Reply 3
Oh, ok, thanks
I'm on exchange in America with some people from the University of Bonn in Germany if that helps :smile:
Reply 5
Hm... Every uni does Erasmus. Many have also arangements with specific unis. Visit the www of AAA of each uni!
Reply 6
Isn't the Erasmus scheme actually based on arrangements between individual universities?:confused:
Reply 7
^ You don't get to choose to go to any university you want, no, it depends on where the links are. I think the implication is that most universities in Europe have a link with somewhere.
Reply 8
The Humboldt University Berlin has excellent connection to the UK and US.
Some of my friends from HUB have been to Brown, Princeton and Harvard. There are also great affilliations with Georgetown.

My friend from Warwick spent a year at HUB, so it must work the other way around as well.
The best thing to do is check the German universities' websites, go to their Akademisches Auslandsamt or International Office to see their exchange partners.

For US/Germany exchanges you can normally say: If the uni is well-known in Germany, then you can get to a good uni in the US. Strange, but true!
Reply 9
I can only say that my cousin who is doing a degree which is joint between the Technical University of Munich and the University of Munich is just doing one semester at the UC at Berkley.
Reply 10
probably a bit late to post but never mind...the university of mannheim has an exchange programme with yale, but I think it's only within the social studies department.
Reply 11
Fachhochschule Münster

Latest