The Student Room Group

Frenulum breve! How to tell dad?

Hi, im 16 and recently discovered I have a frenulum breve, i can pull my foreskin back when flaccid but when its erect I can only pull it back so far because the string on the back of my penis is really tight and begins to feel like its going to snap, I think I might need an operation which means Ill have to tell my dad which is really embarrassing and I dont know how to tell him
NOTE: I dont really want to tell him how it will affect my sexual life
You're 16. You don't need to tell him. You can book your own appointments at the doctor if you feel like it needs medical treatment. Keep trying on the pulling back, doing it while in the bath can make it easier and hopefully it'll stretch a bit. :redface:
Reply 2
Original post by 8472
You're 16. You don't need to tell him. You can book your own appointments at the doctor if you feel like it needs medical treatment. Keep trying on the pulling back, doing it while in the bath can make it easier and hopefully it'll stretch a bit. :redface:

Thanks but Ill most likely need surgery which means he will have to find out since im under 18 so im not to sure how id tell him?
If you're 16+ you're entitled to consent to your own medical treatment - I assume this means that anything between you and the doctor will be confidential as usual. If you're unsure, go to the doctor on your own and ask whether this is correct in the context of surgical treatment (it should be). Have you visited a doctor about this to make sure that surgery is actually your only option?

You could just tell him that your doctor recommended you have surgery on that part of the body - you don't need to go into detail and you definitely don't need to say anything about your sex life etc. I'm also pretty sure that guys are aware of how things like that could affect sex so if you did feel like letting him know the details he'd probably understand the consequences without you having to talk about it directly.

I wouldn't recommend trying to stretch it because I doubt that kind of thing would last in the long term, and the consequences are quite serious if you accidentally went too far.
Hey i am suffering the same what you did and what should i do?

Quick Reply

Latest