The Student Room Group

Where should I apply???

I want to get into medicine for the 2015 entry but my UKCAT score wasn't god at all! I got:
verbal reasoning- 510
quantitative reasoning- 620
abstract reasoning- 560
decision analysis- 520
situational judgement- band 1
This gave me an overall of 2210. This is a rubbish score and I know it is!!

I spent high school abroad in Abu Dhabi, hence did IGCSEs. I managed to get 6 A*s, A and a B. My AS results were A in biology, physics, chem and B in maths with mechanics. (I was 6 UMS points off an A!) My predicted grades are A*AA in chemistry, physics and biology respectively. I have done work experience at opticians and pharmacy and volunteered at charity shop, elderly care home and helped with other charities.

I have a few unis in mind that don't focus too much on the UKCAT but I haven't decided 100% yet and would like to know if you think these are wise choices or not please.

The unis I was thinking of are: St George, Liverpool, Lancaster and I haven't really thought of the fourth option. There is Buckingham which have introduced it recently so I might apply there. There is also Bristol but they focus 80% on personal statement and reference so that could be a bit risky.

Let me know if I should rethink my choices and if there are unis more suitable to me please.

Many thanks in advance, I really truly appreciate it!!!
St.Georges need 2400 overall :L
Reply 2
Original post by Jaska
St.Georges need 2400 overall :L

That's another one off the list then. Do you think they will lower because a lot of people found the UKCAT really hard this year. I don't know of anyone who got 700 or over.
Reply 3
The problem with Liverpool is that it is VERY overaubscribed! I haven't met or helped an applicant that has said they are not applying there this year! My advice would be to sit the BMAT and consider some of the BMAT unis-BSMS and Leeds are also BMAT now :smile:
Reply 4
St Georges website actually says 500 in each section was the cut off last year s you may still have a chance, good luck :smile: http://www.sgul.ac.uk/courses/undergraduate/mbbs5/entry-requirements
Which school in Abu Dhabi? where did you find work experience and volunteering? I am in AD too.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending