The Student Room Group

extreamly low predicted grades for gcse - please help!!!

I have been predicted C grades for all of my gcses! This is ridiculous. Despite the fact that I have been getting level 8’s and high 7’s in year 9. Why is this?.. It’s just absurd. I feel embarrassed and de motivated (since my family and friends expect me to get A*’s in most of my gcses). I worried that teachers will be biased when it comes to marking control assessments (especially english), for example if I have a A* piece of work but a predicted grade at C, the teacher will ought to think that I must get a lower grade than my work is actually worth. Why are predicted grades based on your primary school preformance anyway isn’t that ludicrous? I am extremely worried. Please help.
Reply 1
who cares what you're predicted. What matters is the final result

I was predicted CCD at AS-level and I got AAAA so teachers can have poor judgement
Teachers are unbiased in controlled assessments - exam boards will ask for a selection of work to check that the marking is sound, so if they think you handed in an A* piece of work, then that's what you'll get.

Predicted grades don't matter until Year 13, honestly. If you're really worried you can speak to your teachers and see about getting higher predictions.
Reply 3
Original post by BULL14
I have been predicted C grades for all of my gcses! This is ridiculous. Despite the fact that I have been getting level 8’s and high 7’s in year 9. Why is this?.. It’s just absurd. I feel embarrassed and de motivated (since my family and friends expect me to get A*’s in most of my gcses). I worried that teachers will be biased when it comes to marking control assessments (especially english), for example if I have a A* piece of work but a predicted grade at C, the teacher will ought to think that I must get a lower grade than my work is actually worth. Why are predicted grades based on your primary school preformance anyway isn’t that ludicrous? I am extremely worried. Please help.

Perfectly fine - predicted grades mean nothing. Just do your best and prove them wrong
Since when did schools start predicting GCSE grades for year 9 pupils? :confused:
As others have said, predicted grades are a joke - and that's in Year 11. At this point, they're not even worth thinking about.
Original post by BULL14

Teachers are reluctant to grade people highly. I've gotten 3 high A*s in english coursework & A* in a mock but still predicted an A.

I achieved As in science mocks but I'm still predicted a low B.

I got an A in my recent German speaking, but am still predicted a C.

Ignore them, they're gonna be low for everyone :cool:
Predicted are nothing

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest