The Student Room Group

Why can't I stop thinking about him - after a year?!

I'll (try to) keep this short...
So last year I took part in a summer programme and there was this guy in my group I really "hit off" with from day one. He was smart, funny and most of tall (I'm the equivalence of a human giraffe so he was a miracle) <-- that's a joke don't take it seriously. But obviously with attributes like that he was bound to attract quite a few girls, and he did. But there was rumours that he was interested in me which I was obviously over the moon about :colondollar:. So after the summer programme we'd all plan to hang out etc, and the one time we tried to we decided to go ice skating but only me, him and another guy turned up so we decided to go to the cinema instead. It was the most awkward thing ever, I barely said two words and after that i thought i had no chance. Also during the time between the end of the summer programme and the awkward cinema date thing or whatever (idek what that was) he was in Spain but i messaged him a few times but i didn't think he seemed interested, so after that i never did again. And the last time i saw him was at the end of September time and he gave me the longest hug ever . like probably 40 seconds and at one point i was like aren't you going to let go and he said he was waiting for me to let go but when i tried to move back he still held on.

Now one year on, i can't stop thinking about him. Not like for the whole year, but now especially. i can't go on facebook without checking if he's online. I think about texting him but then read our last convos and cringe so hard and just don't do it.

But my question is to those who have come this far - shall i text him or not?

Any advice and/or experience welcomed boys and girls

(^yeah that's not exactly short - but neither were Ted Mosby's stories and they were legen-wait for it-dary)
Say hi and see how it goes, what have you got to lose?
He hugged you like that? Definitely message him! Just keep it light though, just in case, but you can't let that hug go!

Quick Reply

Latest