The Student Room Group

Tips for getting into a relationship for someone who is socially awkward?

Personally, I've always found most kinds of social contact difficult, especially that with girls, whereas others of my age seem to find these things easy and are easily able to get into and most importantly maintain a relationship... I don't know if it is my self image, my self-esteem or just general lack of experience, but I just seem to get lost for words when I find a girl I like and I just feel hopeless and don't know where to go from there. Honestly, I know this is a silly question, but what can I do to heighten my self-esteem and grow in my confidence around girls, and then from there what should I do when I find a girl I like and I'd like to take a friendship further into a relationship?

I know I must sound so hopeless, but I'd really genuinely appreciate a little help on the issue so that I can improve in these respects :colondollar:

Thank you :smile:
There are plenty of girls out there too who have low self esteem and are socially awkward that would love to be in a relationship and watch all the other girls get a guy and can't do it themselves. It's a two way street, find a girl like that and the relationship mutually benefits both of you, because you both get what you want.

Quick Reply

Latest