The Student Room Group

are these GCSES good enough for dentistry?

Hello guys! I'm new to this website. I'm 15 and I live in London, I really want to become a dentist (ever since I remember to be honest) however my school was pretty awf! I only have 8 GCSEs... 7a* and 1c (eng lit) also I have a btec level 2 qualification in Business at a pass (equiv to 4 C's at GCSE aka not good enough)! are these okay enough?

thank you guys :smile: :smile: :smile:
I assume 7 A*'s are more than enough lol... You may even get favored if you come from a low performing school... Focus on your A levels now because they're a bitch.
Reply 2
Original post by grassntai
I assume 7 A*'s are more than enough lol... You may even get favored if you come from a low performing school... Focus on your A levels now because they're a bitch.

GREAT! thank you for the quick reply!:biggrin:

also two of them are short course GCSEs so would they even care?
I really want to go Manchester/Newcastle or Sheffield for Dentistry.
Original post by rbunny98

So really 5 A* + 2 A* in short course? Email the actual admissions people at the unis you mention and ask them if you would be considered. It's the only actual way to find out. They are very good at answering questions and get asked this sort of thing all the time. Be clear in your explanation and question.
Original post by rbunny98

Your GCSE's are really good. A lot better than mine anyway, and im a year 2 dentist.

You will be fine. Go ahead and apply ! If you need any help with your application let me know.

Quick Reply

Latest