The Student Room Group

Declaring A Level Grades

I finished my A Levels last year and got ABB so I decided to take a gap year and retake a few modules to try and bump up the grades. The thing is though, my overall grades stayed as ABB but the module grades changed. If I want to retake the exams again, how would I declare this on UCAS? Would I have to mention the module grades I got this year or should I leave them out?
Any advice would be helpful.
Thank you
Original post by butterflyy
I finished my A Levels last year and got ABB so I decided to take a gap year and retake a few modules to try and bump up the grades. The thing is though, my overall grades stayed as ABB but the module grades changed. If I want to retake the exams again, how would I declare this on UCAS? Would I have to mention the module grades I got this year or should I leave them out?
Any advice would be helpful.
Thank you

You have to declare all qualifications, and not to do so is regarded as fraud. All you need to do is to put down your achieved results, and then put down again the exams you are resitting with 'pending' instead of a grade.
Reply 2
Original post by Carnationlilyrose
You have to declare all qualifications, and not to do so is regarded as fraud. All you need to do is to put down your achieved results, and then put down again the exams you are resitting with 'pending' instead of a grade.

I do intend to declare all my results but I'm slightly confused on how to declare the ones I did during my gap year.
Would I basically have 3 sets of results?
1) The modules I did during A levels
2) The modules I did during my gap year (even though my overall grade did not change)
3) The modules I intend to retake?
I do intend to declare all my results but I'm slightly confused on how to declare the ones I did during my gap year.
2) The modules I did during my gap year (even though my overall grade did not change)

Don't worry about it being a long section. Yes to 1) and 3). My thought is yes to 2) but I'll quote in a second opinion or two because I'm having a senior moment right now, not having had to check over an application with that in for quite some time now:

Minerva
QFA

OrigamiBullets
QFA

PQ
QFA
Don't worry about it being a long section. Yes to 1) and 3). My thought is yes to 2) but I'll quote in a second opinion or two because I'm having a senior moment right now, not having had to check over an application with that in for quite some time now:

I'm pretty sure that you can put in the gap year results (like someone who for example retakes year 12 twice and then retakes year 13 twice) The UCAS form should have the facility to do that.
Original post by Slowbro93
I'm pretty sure that you can put in the gap year results (like someone who for example retakes year 12 twice and then retakes year 13 twice) The UCAS form should have the facility to do that.

Yes, it's not the possibility of putting them in so much as the necessity of doing so, as the grades did not change. Had they been different, then it would have been necessary to put them in, but since they aren't, are they then subsumed into the overall result? My view is if in doubt, put it in for safety, but I have my stupid head on this morning.
Reply 6

Original post by Slowbro93

Thanks for the help :smile:

Also do you think universities like UCL, Kings or Nottingham look down on this situation? Would I have a chance of getting an offer from them?
Thanks for the help :smile:

Also do you think universities like UCL, Kings or Nottingham look down on this situation? Would I have a chance of getting an offer from them?

Do what Slowbro93 tells you. He's right.

You need to check with the universities you name whether they have a view on A levels taken over more than 2 years. Some universities do. It will probably be on their website, but it might be quicker to call and ask. The places you mention are all sufficiently well subscribed not to need to be 'kind' to anyone. It's as well to know in advance so as not to waste a slot.
Reply 8
For (2), you need to check with the Exam Centre whether the qualifications concerned have been re-certificated. The likelihood is that they have been, in which case you will have to declare the results, even though the overall grade didn't change. Of course, if new certificates have already found their way to you, you won't need to check.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending