The Student Room Group

Am I wrong for feeling angry

I broke someones trust, I was someones account and I told his crush that he liked her (actually, I was so bad, that I said I like you, do you like me back) idk why I did it, I usually keep personal stuff private, even pinky promises ... I deleted the convo between me and his crush, 2 months later, I admitted to what i've done , he got angry (which is understandable) but then his crush said she never got anything from me? so now i'm a attention seeking knob and little bitch liar, and "we've got the conversation so yeah".... I would be able to live with myself and move on if they thought I was bad for breaking his trust( well I would regret it but you know what I mean) but I feel so angry that they're telling me i'm lying, I get so angry, I can't do my work, I can't sleep at night. People say to me move on and forget about it and I should keep out of people's buisness, yeah ik i'm wrong in that sense, I know my mistake there but i'm angry at the fact that they're telling me i'm lying... ik its all petty and no one can help me but yeah am I wrong/stupid for feeling angry? Am I stupid for not moving on?

If someone could just answer my question, and not be sarky/insult me.

Thanks.
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Yes you should be moving on. You did wrong. You have no proof the conversation happened.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by Mimsycrafts
Yes you should be moving on. You did wrong. You have no proof the conversation happened.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ik I did wrong but I didn't lie? THAT'S what i'm angry about.

I wouldn't care if he hates me(well I would regret what I did but I would understand him) for breaking his trust I care that he hates me because he thinks i'm lying...

Am I really wrong for feeling angry/not moving on at the fact that they're telling me i'm lying when i'm NOT. ??? THAT'S my question.
(edited 9 years ago)
Yes you did. You lied when you pretended to be someone you weren't.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Yes you did. You lied when you pretended to be someone you weren't.

Posted from TSR Mobile

No you don't understand. They're telling me I didn't pretend to be someone I wasn't, the crush is saying I didn't send her anything AT ALL that NO conversation happened? I told the guy what I did, The guy was angry at me for breaking his trust, said I nosy bitch,etc and I UNDERSTAND I DESERVE THIS COMMENT and I would have felt bad but moved on.

BUT then crush said NO conversation happened between us, she said she never ever got these messages from me? he is calling me a liar&attention seeker for THAT. NOT because I messaged the crush pretending to me him.

I'm NOT angry at him&her for telling me i'm a nosy bitch,etc&hating me i'm angry and them both for telling me that I made it all up that I never sent her anything.

I'M ASKING: Am I wrong to feel angry AT THE FACT that they're telling me I'm lying about SENDING HER ANYTHING.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by elmosandy
No you don't understand. They're telling me I didn't pretend to be someone I wasn't, the crush is saying I didn't send her anything AT ALL that NO conversation happened? The guy was angry at me for breaking his trust but then crush said NO conversation happened between he is calling me a liar&attention seeker for THAT.

I understand perfectly. You pretended to be someone you weren't therefore you are a liar. You've no proof the conversation happened, there's a chance it wasn't even with his crush. They have no reason to lie about it. You do.

I think calling you an attention seeker and liar is correct because even though you did something wrong your still wanting all the focus to be on you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
I understand perfectly. You pretended to be someone you weren't therefore you are a liar. You've no proof the conversation happened, there's a chance it wasn't even with his crush. They have no reason to lie about it. You do.

I think calling you an attention seeker and liar is correct because even though you did something wrong your still wanting all the focus to be on you.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Actually he told me it was his crush?... That's how I knew? That's why I messaged her? ( I've got proof of this aswell) HAHA :biggrin:

Yes, I did pretend to be someone else, yes I am wrong for doing that.. but that doesn't mean I lied about sending her anything when I did?

THEY ARE NOT CALLING ME A LIAR FOR PRETENDING TO BE SOMEONE I'M NOT? WHEN I TOLD HIM WHAT I DID HE SAID I'M A NOSY BITCH,ETC WHICH I UNDERSTAND HIM DOING, HE DIDN'T CALL ME A LIAR AND ATTENTION SEEKER FOR THAT HE JUST CALLED ME A NOSY BITCH. WHEN HE ASKED HIS CRUSH ABOUT IT SHE SAID SHE NEVER GOT ANYTHING FROM ME, HE STARTED TO CALL ME A LIAR AND ATTENTION SEEKER. HE IS CALLING ME A LIAR AND ATTENTION SEEKER BECAUSE HE THINKS I LIED ABOUT SENDING HER ANYTHING. NOT BECAUSE I PRETENDED TO BE SOMEONE I'M NOT.

Ik what I did was wrong, and actually if he wanted to call me a liar and attention seeker for breaking his trust(messaging her pretending to be me), then I would be OKAY with that.
BUT I remember speaking to her( pretending to be him) but now she's saying I didn't send her anything ?, and they are calling me liar and attention seeker because they believe I didn't message her at all, THAT'S what i'm angry about. AND I am angry about that BECAUSE I KNOW I SPOKE TO HER.
(edited 9 years ago)
Actually he told me it was his crush?... That's how I knew? That's why I messaged her? ( I've got proof of this aswell) HAHA :biggrin:

Yes, I did pretend to be someone else, yes I am wrong for doing that.. but that doesn't mean I lied about sending her anything when I did?

THEY ARE NOT CALLING ME A LIAR FOR PRETENDING TO BE SOMEONE I'M NOT? WHEN I TOLD HIM WHAT I DID HE SAID I'M A NOSY BITCH,ETC WHICH I UNDERSTAND HIM DOING, HE DIDN'T CALL ME A LIAR AND ATTENTION SEEKER FOR THAT. WHEN HE ASKED HIS CRUSH ABOUT IT SHE SAID SHE NEVER GOT ANYTHING FROM ME, HE IS CALLING ME A LIAR AND ATTENTION SEEKER BECAUSE HE THINKS I LIED ABOUT SENDING HER ANYTHING. NOT BECAUSE I PRETENDED TO BE SOMEONE I'M NOT.

Ik what I did was wrong, and actually if he wanted to call me a liar and attention seeker for breaking his trust(messaging her pretending to be me), then I would be OKAY with that.
BUT I remember speaking to her( pretending to be him) but now she's saying I didn't send her anything ?, and they are calling me liar and attention seeker because they believe I didn't message her at all, THAT'S what i'm angry about. AND I am angry about that BECAUSE I KNOW I SPOKE TO HER.

Then prove it. Problem solved. When I say it might not have been the crush I meant you might have messaged the wrong person.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Then prove it. Problem solved. When I say it might not have been the crush I meant you might have messaged the wrong person.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You're already taking sides when you don't even know me or them. I didn't message the wrong person. He knows he told me who his crush was. I have proof of that anyway.

I don't know how about going to prove it?, like I said I was on his account I messaged her, pretending to be me, and then deleted the conversation.

Ik Facebook can trace/track deleted messages but they wouldn't do it in this case( too petty) there is one other legal way but it costs money and idk if it would happen.

I have no proof that I messaged her but I have proof that he told me who his crush was ( he knows this anyway, he wouldn't say i'm lying about this, he wouldn't say i'm lying about being on his account ethier, He gave me his password), I have no proof that I messaged her because I deleted the conversation. ( Unless Facebook was to track deleted messages.)

Like I said, ik I've done wrong and they could call me whatever for that, all the names under the sun, they can call me liar&attention seeker for pretending to be someone i'm not, that's FINE. I've learnt my lesson.

What's not FINE, is that she's saying I didn't send her anything and him&her are saying i'm lying about telling him that I pretended to be someone i'm not. When I told him what I did he wasn't calling me a liar&attention seeker, just nosy bitch( which I deserve, and which i'm FINE with) I can live with them hating me (because I desreve it), but I can't live with them telling me I made all of this up& hating me for that (because I did message her and I didn't make it up, so I don't desreve that).

People tell me to move on&let it go, but I can't. Am I really wrong for not moving one&being angry that they're saying I didn't message her when I know I DID? THAT was my question.

I think she forgot I even messaged her ( it was exam season, so her head was probably focused on that)
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 9

Posted from TSR Mobile

& even if I did message the wrong person? Lets just say his crushes name was A and I messaged B (pretending to be him)? and then B said I never messaged her at all, does that mean I lied about sending her any messages and i'm attention seeking because I just want all the focus to be on me?
All I'm doing is acting on the information you gave to me.

Put yourself in your crushes shoes. He told you something private and you broke his trust.

Put yourself in the crushes shoes. She potentially had a conversation with you and maybe regrets what she said. Maybe it was months ago and she genuinely can't remember ever having the conversation.

Neither of them wanted this. Neither of them asked for this. This entire situation is because of you and your behaviour.

You asked for peoples and based on what you have said then no you have no right to be angry and yes you should move on.

Karma is giving you a well deserved bite in the butt deal with it.

I imagine you wanted people to come on and be outraged at your treatment but doesn't seem like anyone is.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Why did you bother asking if you are wrong when you can't handle people having their opinions and saying they think you are wrong?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
Original post by lucybuckleyy
Why did you bother asking if you are wrong when you can't handle people having their opinions and saying they think you are wrong?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't follow sorry, explain again
Reply 13

Put yourself in your crushes shoes. He told you something private and you broke his trust.

Put yourself in the crushes shoes. She potentially had a conversation with you and maybe regrets what she said. Maybe it was months ago and she genuinely can't remember ever having the conversation.

Neither of them wanted this. Neither of them asked for this. This entire situation is because of you and your behaviour.

You asked for peoples and based on what you have said then no you have no right to be angry and yes you should move on.

I imagine you wanted people to come on and be outraged at your treatment but doesn't seem like anyone is.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You were trying to kill on the fact that I pretended to be him and trying to say that's why they're calling me a liar ( when I clearly said they are calling me a liar because she said she never had a conversation with me?, I said this THREE times and you STILL were saying they're calling me a liar because I pretended to be him and that's why i'm a liar&attention seeker and then you're telling me I might have messaged the wrong person? ) Even now you're saying "potenially" which means you believe her&him thinking&saying that I lied about having a conversation with her. You are on their side without even knowing me&them.

You're acting(& want to act) like i'm asking am I wrong to feel angry because they hate me&calling me a liar&attention seeker etc for pretending to be him when I WASN'T and NEVER was.

I didn't want people to be outraged? Why would I want people to outraged? I already feel bad as it is ( I was feeling like crap when I admitted it to him and he got angry, which I should have felt&was feeling), I wouldn't want people feeling outraged to make me feel worse? and I didn't&don't want sympathy ethier?, I'm guessing people are probably laughing at this/thinking i'm a b****/or thinking omg how petty/wt*/or etc... I know what I did was wrong... I just wanted advice,.. & tbh I don't think she genuinely does remember having a conversation with me ( I did mention in my first post that I spoke to her and then admitted two months later what I said to her to him, "maybe it was months ago" have you not read my first post properly???)

But just because she doesn't remember having a conversation with me means i'm lying about it??? Do I really deserve them telling me i'm lying about talking to her when I didn't lie about it, I rememeber talking to her ? Do I really have no right to be angry that they're telling me i'm lying when I'm not lying& I know i'm not lying? YES I did wrong, YES I deserve them to hate me, I UNDERSTAND&STOOD this BUT just because she doesn't remember having a conversation with me means it never happened? and i'm an attention seeker&little bitch liar???? I even told him she probably doesn't remember he just said " she has an excellent memory" & "well I know who want to believe"... So what? Lets say you was me& I was the crush and forgot we had a conversation, so then I& my boyfriend called you a liar for that?, So because I can't remember us spoke it means you lied about having a conversation with me???? YES you're very wrong but does it mean you deserve to be called a liar because I simply cannot remember.

And as for "putting myself in their shoes" YES, I already understand this! I UNDERSTAND what I did was wrong, I UNDERSTAND I broke his trust( I did say this, I started it off with I broke someones trust..), I UNDERSTAND this is my fault, I UNDERSTAND I caused all of this, I UNDERSTAND that both of them hating me, YES I deserve you&everyone thinking i'm wrong for breaking his trust, YES I deserve for someone to never trust me again, YES I deserve him hating me, YES I deserve everyone thinking i'm a b****. I NEVER was angry at you for thinking i'm wrong/ a b****, I think you deserve to think i'm wrong for breaking his trust/a b****, because I am, I NEVER did think they're,you&everyone's wrong for telling me i'm wrong for pretending to be him&thinking i'm bad because I pretended to be him, Because I AM. I ALREADY knew I was wrong, I was NEVER saying they're wrong for hating me because I pretended to be him, I ALREADY said in my first post I was that bad I pretended to be him, I said i'm my first post that i'm wrong. I have LEARNT my lesson, I already UNDERSTOOD all of this.

Like I said, i'm FINE with them hating me for pretending to be him, I have NO RIGHT to be angry about that& WOULDN'T be angry about that& I WASN'T angry about that, I would regret it for the rest of my life( I was already regretting it, which so I should& which I already knew I SHOULD). I wouldn't be angry for them calling me an attention seeker&liar for breaking his trust.

I am NOT angry at them for hating me for pretending to be him, I WASN'T angry at him for calling me a nosy bitch& being angry with me, I WOULDN'T have been angry at him for calling me a attention seeking&little bitch liar for pretending to be him, I am NOT angry at you,people, THE WORLD for thinking i'm wrong for breaking his trust.

I AM angry at them for telling me I didn't have a conversation with her when I did. When he called me a nosy bitch I felt really bad, BUT I didn't feel angry about it. I regretted it really bad. And IF the crush didn't tell me I was lying about it& they called me all the names under the sun I would regretted it for the rest of my life&moved on, but I wouldn't have been angry at them?

Idk maybe I would feel better if I could prove I did have a conversation with her& if they hate me afterwards( which they will, because I like I said, lie or no lie, i'm in the wrong for breaking his trust) & even if they called me liar/attention seeker for pretending to be him& even publicly making a fool out of me/parring me to death so bad then that would be OKAY. I wouldn't feel angry anymore and then I would move on& regret it so bad for the rest of my life( which I understand& ALREADY understood that I very much should!) &make sure I would never do it again. I still wouldn't be able to do my work, sleep at night,etc but I would feel better&happy to know they can't call me a liar( well they couldn't say I was lying about having a conversation with her)

But maybe, like you said this is Karma BUT I already UNDERSTAND that whether I lied about pretending to be him or not, YES I'M in the wrong for breaking his trust&pretending to be him, I've told him this. I already UNDERSTAND this. I know about trust, I'm already keeping pinky promises (even though they're childish af) &personal secrets about people who I have fallen out with& are ready to spread my personal stuff around ( and this happened before&after I pretended to be him), I mean I have made mistakes in the past, but usually i'm v quiet&nice. I'm just angered at the fact that she told me i'm making all of this up. THAT's all, my question was: Am I wrong for feeling angry at the fact that they're telling me i'm lying NOT: AM I WRONG FOR FEELING ANGRY BECAUSE THEY HATE ME FOR PRETENDING TO BE HIM. I'm NOT angry that they hate me for pretending to be him! , I'm ANGRY at the fact they telling me I made it all up& now they think I made it all up. THAT was the whole point I was trying to make.

I NEVER said I wasn't&thought I wasn't in the wrong& I NEVER said&thought they're&everyone else is wrong to hate me for breaking his trust by pretending to be him&/or never trusting me again,etc& I NEVER said I was angry at them for hating me for breaking his trust by pretending to be him&/or never trusting me again&calling me a nosy bitch,etc, I asked is it wrong for me to feel angry because they're telling me i'm lying about pretending to be him when i'm NOT. There's a difference between that and asking its it wrong for me to feel angry because they hate me for pretending to be him.
Reply 14

Posted from TSR Mobile

& to add on to my last reply ( which I edited, then deleted and copy and pasted and posted again so you'll probs cba to read that, I deleted because I wanted you to read the edited version but oh well ) "I imagine you wanted people to come on and be outraged at your treatment but doesn't seem like anyone is." what was the need for this comment?
I stand my what I said.

By outraged I meant you expected people to be outraged at your treatment.

I'm not siding with them I'm stating the facts as given by you. I was sure id read it was a couple of months but couldn't be completely sure and cba to reread your post.

You potentially spoke to the crush because you have no proof it was then you spoke to our an incorrect person.

You are wrong to feel angry because you created this whole mess yourself. There wouldn't be a question mark over whether the conversation happened if you hadn't of screwed over a friend.

I was pointing out your a liar either way and your friend is justified in calling you one.

Posted from TSR Mobile
You wanted someone to tell you yes be angry it's not your fault don't move on. When you just need to stop.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17
You wanted someone to tell you yes be angry it's not your fault don't move on. When you just need to stop.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Stop what? & no I didn't actually but ok :smile:
You shouldn't feel angry, because, you did wrong.

She could be lying by saying she never got it, but did she reply?

He has the right to be angry at you because you betrayed his trust and (I'm assuming it's him calling you the names) he has the right to express his own anger in what way he feels appropriate so long as it isn't ott.
Stop what? & no I didn't actually but ok :smile:

Stop being angry and stop going on about it. Everyone around you is saying the same.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest