The Student Room Group

Which University for Pharmacy?

I applying for a pharmacy course this year and the universities that i am considering applying for are; University of Portsmouth, Hertforshire, reading and kings. Can anyone tell me what its like studying at these universities? I am not considering moving out, so if anyone who goes to any of the above university who also hasn't moved out then can you tell me what thats been like? , I would also like to know what its like studying pharmacy as well, is there ALOT of Maths involved?, How challenging it is, etc. Also do any of the above universities have something called an OSCE or a critical fail scheme?.

THANK YOU
Mariam.
Portsmouth is quite far from the other three..so you will have to move out?

In the end, choose a university which makes your life easier. I know for example at Kings, it is more strict and higher expectations. In the end, you get the same degree as somebody who went to a different uni. Look into the modules, the programme, pass rate etc.

In terms of maths, there is not a lot involved. You do need to pass pharmaceutical calculations. However, this is required by the gphc (people who regulate pharmacy in all unis) so you will do that no matter what uni you go to!

Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest