The Student Room Group

How to get back with an Ex that wants to just be friends?

I've been with this girl for over 2.5 years, we broke up since I kept repeating the same mistakes (not cheating) and she said she lost faith in the relationship. She described it as "something's damaged beyond repair" and said she doesn't want to open her heart to me again. She said she just wants to be friends and doesn't want a relationship.

I've talked to her and she knows that I'm dedicated to changing for her, and I made sure that she knows that I still like her. However she still said she wants to be friends. I asked her "What if one day I've really became a better person, and I had the urge to ask you out? Would you be angry at me?", but she ignored my question and moved onto another topic.

So is there anything I can do to get her back? I think she is a great girl really. Any ideas? :smile:
I know this is hard but: Move on.
it's clear she doesn't think the relationship will work and it takes two to tango. No point wasting your time trying to change her mind when you could doing better things for yourself.
I think thats referred to as the 'Friendzone' and you dont escape it.
Reply 3
Original post by TunaTunnel
I think thats referred to as the 'Friendzone' and you dont escape it.

There must be a way :eek:
Mate give up, even if she got back with you by the sounds of it, it sounds like she would mostly be paranoid.

All you will do is hurt her and yourself by chasing it even though it's over.
Reply 5
If you wanted to test how much she cares for you:

- flirt/get with/ another girl in front of her - or at least be talking to another girl.

If she gets jealous and paranoid etc - it was all a bid for attention.

If shes like yeahhhhhhhh im so happy for you and when you go home you don't have a text on your phone saying ' leave her' or she isn't hiding behind the sofa trying to ruin your date.

Move onnnnnnnnnnn playaaaaaaa

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending