The Student Room Group

How tall?? (Height)

Getting a bit self-concious from friends being a bit taller than me and now my girlfriend commenting on my height so would just like to know what average height is for my age.

I am 15 (16 in February) and am around 5ft 7, 7 and a half inches. (173cm).

Is this average/short/tall?

Bearing in mind the tallest guy in my form is 6ft something so....

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Well the average adult male is what, 5'10 or 5'11?

So it's not an unusual height, you'll probably grow a bit more and be average or nearly average height - definitely nothing worth worrying about.
You're only 15, I wouldn't worry you're still growing and its likely you will have a growth spurt sometime!
Reply 3
I'm 5' 8.5". (Got laser measured last week :wink:)

I've stopped growning.

It's not really an issue for me.

I might not be the tallest, but when people meet me, I'm pretty sure that the first thing they think isn't 'Christ, he's short'.

Helps if you don't hang around with giants, mind you.
Reply 4
6ft exactly.
Reply 5
Average UK male is 5'9 according to Wiki.
Reply 6
Average UK male is 5'9 according to Wiki.

Woohoo! I'm subnormal!
Reply 7
I reckon it's nearer to 5'10/5'11" at least, and the average is brought down by orientals, who tend to be quite short.

I'm 5'10.5" at 22.
Reply 8
I reckon it's nearer to 5'10/5'11" at least, and the average is brought down by orientals, who tend to be quite short.

The people around me (S.W. Valleys) have been naturally selected to be short.
Reply 9
That's pretty much average for your age. I was around 5'7" at 15. I turned 17 recently and I'm 6'1". You're still growing, so don't worry about it.
Reply 10
Mate, quit whining.

I'm 16, 17 in June and I'm 1m 64cm.

That's 10cm shorter than you.

I think you'll cope -__-
Reply 11
I'm 19 and 5'8ish LOL. There are many people i know who are shorter than me.
6'1 19 , trust me i was about 5'9 when i was 15 so trust u will grow more.....
Reply 13
im 19 (male) and my height is 5'5. :frown: but still growing (hopefully) :biggrin:
I am 20 and 6ft - 6 ft 1, I hate it though; as I have to look down a lot when I am talking (hurts the neck).

Your height is a good height to have.
Im 5,7 ish, 171cm i think, and im 18.

I have no problem with it and the only time you actually notice it is when you are around a lot of tall people over 6ft or so.

You're still young, you haven't stopped growing. So its all good.
Reply 16
Don't worry. I was about the same height when I was that age. I'm 21 now, and I'm 6'3". Not saying you'll get that tall, but I am saying that you have a lot of time yet.
I was 5"7 when i was 13. No one used to mess! lol.

Now i'm 20 and like 5"10. Oh the Irony. :smile:
Reply 18
I'm 5'3-5'4 and 16, so shut it :p:
6'3, sucks for cars

Latest

Trending

Trending