The Student Room Group

Idk which predictions to settle on: A*AA or AAA?

A*AA I'm for as it means unis will be more likely to give me an interview as a few unis I want to apply to (Exeter, aberdeen, dundee) select upon predicted grades.

But then I may just want AAA as A*AA would mean more unis would give me higher offers of A*AA and I'm not sure I can achieve that!
Reply 1
You don't get to pick and choose your predictions...
Reply 2
Unis don't give you offer conditions based on your predicted grades, if they're normal requirement is AAA that's what offer you'll get.
Reply 3
Original post by joeymr

Oh well at my sixth form you can lol
Reply 4
Thank you Martin Luther King
Original post by erudite
Thank you Martin Luther King

Go for A*AA. Why not increase your chances of an interview first and then deal with everything later? You don't even have a shot if you don't get an interview first.
Was predicted A*AA and no uni's raised entry requirements for me :s-smilie:

Despite my highest choice uni wanting AAA which I'm currently at.
Reply 7
Original post by Jatyization
made me laugh for some reason! :biggrin:

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Original post by Anonynous

Ahh! I just don't want to take the risk as one of my teachers and a few other people said that higher predicted grades are likely to equal higher typical offers :P
Original post by erudite
Oh well at my sixth form you can lol

Same here lol XD
I'd go for A*AA because it gives you that edge, they won't raise the offer grades for you so don't worry. :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by WishIHadRevised
Same here lol XD
I'd go for A*AA because it gives you that edge, they won't raise the offer grades for you so don't worry. :smile:

Ahhhhh I think I might do it! Just need to convince my teachers, they said they'd do it but they would rather AAA!
Original post by erudite
Ahhhhh I think I might do it! Just need to convince my teachers, they said they'd do it but they would rather AAA!

At our school they've done it on 'what you could get in the best case scenario' and I'm predicted A*A*A (got 264/300 UMS for chem and 174/200 for German and those are my 2 A* predictions and then biology, lol). I think one A* would give you an advantage and you might even get it anyway!
Original post by Anonynous

How are you finding it. Is it a big ste up?
Original post by SamTheMan95
How are you finding it. Is it a big ste up?

Incredibly, imo. The work is overwhelming.
Original post by joeymr

Some schools let you decide whether they should predict you an A or A*.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending