The Student Room Group

Will my GCSE's really mess up my univeristy application?

I'm apply for Durham, Manchester, Edinburgh, Exeter and Leeds to study engineering. I worked hard in year 12 and gained AAAB in AS and thought I had a good chance of getting some offers but I have been told otherwise by some people. My GCSE's were A*AAAAABCC which when I was predicted straight A*/A's was annoying but I openly admit I wasn't interested in most of my subjects and didn't try but now I've been told they may hold me back when applying for uni I'm even more annoyed :mad: will they affect me that much? Any reply would be great thanks for reading
Your GCSEs are okay. Your AS levels are good. What did you get a B in ?
Original post by sunnydespair
Your GCSEs are okay. Your AS levels are good. What did you get a B in ?

Chemistry, I got A's in every exam except CH2 I got a C ( had an off day ) Physics and Further Maths were both 85% ish and Maths was 91% Thanks for replying btw
Ah right. You continuing with 4 subjects for A2 ?
Ah right. You continuing with 4 subjects for A2 ?

Yeah, have to admit FP2 looks like a nightmare of an exam though :s-smilie:
What was your percentage for chemistry overall ? I think you have a great chance for most engineering courses, you could even throw in an oxbridge/imperial/ucl choice if you want.
What was your percentage for chemistry overall ? I think you have a great chance for most engineering courses, you could even throw in an oxbridge/imperial/ucl choice if you want.

73% :P thanks hope so and idk dude, I've never really thought about oxbridge

Quick Reply

Latest