The Student Room Group

How motivated are you?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Aspiring Genius
Yeah that's true, some people do work extremely efficiently, however, some find that the more hours they put into their work the better the outcome. But it's no use working all day if it's not efficient. What do you hope to do after your degree ?

How about you? What degree are you going to be starting?
My Monday to Friday is

3 hours 20 mins a day travelling to work
10 hours a day working
30 mins a day having a bath.
30 mins a day getting bits ready for work next day.

Leaving me roughly 9 and a half hours to sleep and have my own time! Soon to be less as I start an open university course in a couple of weeks.

The joys.
I'm very disciplined when it comes to going to the library to do work, and to the gym. If I'm in a routine I'll force myself to do it even when I don't feel like it. I sometimes feel overly guilty if I haven't been productive.. And i guess that's what motivates me.
Original post by ZetaMu
How about you? What degree are you going to be starting?

I'll be studying chemical engineering. I was planning on doing bio-medicine, but then I realized how much I loved maths.
Reply 44
Original post by Aspiring Genius
I'll be studying chemical engineering. I was planning on doing bio-medicine, but then I realized how much I loved maths.

Great choice, my cousin just completed a Masters in Chemical Engineering. Very lucrative profession as well. Best wishes -- don't let anything get you down. :wink:
Used to be almost 100% of my waking hours a while back. Then I slowly drifted back to the internet.

Having long holidays ****s me over. I've had 3 months of playing Skyrim and just general internet trolling
(edited 9 years ago)
I'm not motivated but due to prior planning, I endeavour in my academics for my desired future.
I'd rather not say my future on TSR, although my motivation is the same as L from Death Note.
I'm ......... as always, but I never like to lose.

Quick Reply

Latest