The Student Room Group

Sixth form: making new friends and meeting girls?

I am leaving my school at the end of year 11 to go to a sixth form at another shool. I went to an all boys school year 7 to year 11 (Secondary school), and I want to leave to go to a mixed sixth form.

I'm just thinking about when I start there, because alot of people going to that sixth form will have spent their whole school time toogether and be really close, and ill just be a new person that nobody is really friends with. Let alone not having the 5 years of experience with girls that everyone else would of had.

So do you think it's easy to make friends at a sixth form? and is it a good place to meet girls and maybe have a relationship? (also it's a kind of small sixth form - not that big, but not that small).
Original post by nacho123
I am leaving my school at the end of year 11 to go to a sixth form at another shool. I went to an all boys school year 7 to year 11 (Secondary school), and I want to leave to go to a mixed sixth form.

I'm just thinking about when I start there, because alot of people going to that sixth form will have spent their whole school time toogether and be really close, and ill just be a new person that nobody is really friends with. Let alone not having the 5 years of experience with girls that everyone else would of had.

So do you think it's easy to make friends at a sixth form? and is it a good place to meet girls and maybe have a relationship? (also it's a kind of small sixth form - not that big, but not that small).

Sixth Form is a great place to make new friends. :smile: It's more independent than secondary school and you have more freedom in general. :smile: You won't be the only new person there, so I really wouldn't worry about that. :h: Just be open and friendly and you'll easily make new friends! :smile:
Original post by nacho123

I think we've found your problem right there
Reply 3
To kinda echo puddles. There will be many people there going in worrying about being alone. Yes you may be on your first day but once you know the people in your classes, you'll make friends. You just need to be open to meeting new people. :yep:

Quick Reply