The Student Room Group

From Year 11 to new school's Sixth form: Making new friends and meeting girls?

I am leaving my school at the end of year 11 to go to a sixth form at another shool. I went to an all boys school year 7 to year 11 (Secondary school), and I want to leave to go to a mixed sixth form.

I'm just thinking about when I start there, because alot of people going to that sixth form will have spent their whole school time toogether and be really close, and ill just be a new person that nobody is really friends with. Let alone not having the 5 years of experience with girls that everyone else would of had.

So do you think it's easy to make friends at a sixth form? and is it a good place to meet girls and maybe have a relationship? (also it's a kind of small sixth form - not that big, but not that small).
Hello, Sixth Form is a great time to change schools and friendship groups in preparation for University and any jobs you may have in the future.
As it is not a huge sixth form I think it would be good opportunity as you will be able to speak to new girls and socialize and learn with them in your frees but also communication with guys will be easier and I am sure that you will slot in with them all too as they will recognize you're new!
Do you get an induction day or something when you can properly decide if you like it? Maybe go to that, if you need any further support on your decision or your gcse's feel free to message me :smile:
Good Luck, it'll all be fine. Just enjoy it.
Daisy-May xx

Quick Reply

Latest