The Student Room Group

ICT edexcel GCSE Music Festival CAB???

Hey is anyone doing this music festival ict cab? I thought it was normal coursework but it says 2013 at the bottom?? If you google it it comes up with loads of people who have done it last year. My teachers say this is definitely going towards 60% of the final grade but they haven't exactly got a great track record with this stuff. In any case does anybody have a grade criteria or anything for activity 1 etc especially for a/a*??

Scroll to see replies

Hi there,

While you're waiting for an answer, did you know we have 300,000 study resources that could answer your question in TSR's Learn together section?

We have everything from Teacher Marked Essays to Mindmaps and Quizzes to help you with your work. Take a look around.

If you're stuck on how to get started, try creating some resources. It's free to do and can help breakdown tough topics into manageable chunks. Get creating now.

Thanks!

Not sure what all of this is about? Head here to find out more.
Reply 2
Original post by okey
Hey is anyone doing this music festival ict cab? I thought it was normal coursework but it says 2013 at the bottom?? If you google it it comes up with loads of people who have done it last year. My teachers say this is definitely going towards 60% of the final grade but they haven't exactly got a great track record with this stuff. In any case does anybody have a grade criteria or anything for activity 1 etc especially for a/a*??

Hey I am doing something along those lines. I am doing an CAB on a Community Spirit Event!
Reply 3
hey even I am doing the music festival thing but only the teacher who is marking your CA will have the mark scheme and they are not allowed to tell you but they can advise you in regards to it. hope this helped :smile:
Original post by Zainab12
hey even I am doing the music festival thing but only the teacher who is marking your CA will have the mark scheme and they are not allowed to tell you but they can advise you in regards to it. hope this helped :smile:

Could you help me with the music database thing?? I wasnt in class when we did it and it was ages ago. I feel as if im really behind and I need help on it, I dont know what to do. Theres never a chance to tell my teacher. Could you explain what I have to do please??
Reply 5
Original post by Enchanted101
Could you help me with the music database thing?? I wasnt in class when we did it and it was ages ago. I feel as if im really behind and I need help on it, I dont know what to do. Theres never a chance to tell my teacher. Could you explain what I have to do please??

i'm sorry but I don't think I can be of much help.... we haven't started the CAB yet but we are going to start it on the 17/11/14. sorry but I don't mind helping you with anything else... I haven't a clue about the database thing because I have only started planning out a survey and a draft of a logo.
I'm on activity 2
Reply 7
Original post by yep-its-jj
I'm on activity 2

i'm on activity 3. found activity 2 quite hard. have you done stuff like What-if statements and vlookup??!
i'm on activity 3. found activity 2 quite hard. have you done stuff like What-if statements and vlookup??!

we've done like v-look ups and them for our spreadsheets but u know how u need to do the reviews? thats where im struggling..
Reply 9
we've done like v-look ups and them for our spreadsheets but u know how u need to do the reviews? thats where im struggling..

yea it is pretty hard. which one are you on? have you done the proto-type?
yea it is pretty hard. which one are you on? have you done the proto-type?

i don't think we got to that yet. what school do go to? are you going to do the "theory" next year? im in year 10:smile:
I'm in year 11 and I've completed everything I'm on the final piece - the evaluation. The evaluation is the hardest and longest part.
Original post by aaliyahrose_____
I'm in year 11 and I've completed everything I'm on the final piece - the evaluation. The evaluation is the hardest and longest part.

is it like the written part?
Reply 13
i don't think we got to that yet. what school do go to? are you going to do the "theory" next year? im in year 10:smile:

we did theory last year. i go to a private school and good luck with the rest :smile:
Reply 14
Original post by aaliyahrose_____

im in year 11 too :smile: did you do the prototype in activity 3? and about the spreadsheet in activity 2 did you use vlookups and what if statements because it was quite complicated tbh
im in year 11 too :smile: did you do the prototype in activity 3? and about the spreadsheet in activity 2 did you use vlookups and what if statements because it was quite complicated tbh

I used v-look ups and data validations, I think I used what if questions?What were yours?

I'm in year 10 I have just started activity 3
Reply 16
Original post by Ihatespirometers
I used v-look ups and data validations, I think I used what if questions?What were yours?

I'm in year 10 I have just started activity 3

i have completed everything!! need help?
Reply 17
i have completed everything!! need help?

5IT01 Living in a Digital World5IT02 Using Digital Tools (Get Up, GetMoving!)5IT02 Using Digital Tools (CommunitySpirit) 5IT03 Exploring Digital Design5IT04 Creating Digital Products

which 1 is the music festival under?
Hello everyone!

I have just finished my CAB coursework from the same year you are talking about I'm on track for an A at least and possibly an A* so if you want some tips, tricks or advice just send me a personal message and i'd be most happy to help
Hello all,
I've finished most of the coursework but just needed a clarification for my Activity 3 App build. My teacher has said that for the teaser video, podcast and downloadable flyer, we need separate pages for each but this seemed a little silly to me. On the CAB, it just says 'a section featuring...'. So I'm not sure whether I have to make another three pages on each separate asset or just keep it the same (all on one page). Help would be much appreciated. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending