The Student Room Group

Is it common for uni's to accept you with lower grades than they ask for?

I have just finished sixth form (in June) and received three Alevels A* BC.
I am taking a gap year this year and will apply for uni next month for radiography. the grade requirements are 300 points (i have 320) however they are asking for a B in science subject and i have a C!! could anyone give me any advise on what to do? i am hoping to apply with my grades and do my best to get a place but is that common? will uni's sometimes accept lower grades? obviously i already have the grades and will be able to secure a place earlier than others if i am succesful.. should i go for it?
Original post by Bethan13
I have just finished sixth form (in June) and received three Alevels A* BC.
I am taking a gap year this year and will apply for uni next month for radiography. the grade requirements are 300 points (i have 320) however they are asking for a B in science subject and i have a C!! could anyone give me any advise on what to do? i am hoping to apply with my grades and do my best to get a place but is that common? will uni's sometimes accept lower grades? obviously i already have the grades and will be able to secure a place earlier than others if i am succesful.. should i go for it?

You should email the radiography department or admissions to see if they would accept you with those grades. If their minimum requirement is a B and you have a C it is unlikely that you would be given an offer seeing as you do not meet the entrance criteria. Saying this, you will be applying with achieved grades which gives you far greater bargaining power, best of luck :smile:

P.S It does happen and your grades are competitive so I think you have every reason to feel positive.
(edited 9 years ago)
Yes they do…my course ranged from A*AB-ABB HOWEVER just ask them directly…no point relying on 'ifs' and 'buts'
Speaking from experience….
oh and it saves you from wasting lots of time and money
Good luck :smile:
why do people ask on TSR if a HEI will accept them before / instead of speaking to the admissions tutors ?
Original post by zippyRN
why do people ask on TSR if a HEI will accept them before / instead of speaking to the admissions tutors ?

A lot of them are too 'socially awkward' to pick up the telephone and actually ask the admissions tutors to get the right answers. They'd rather hide behind their computer screens and pretend to themselves they're actually doing something about their problems.

Quick Reply

Latest