The Student Room Group

Maths

is a level maths hard?
Not if u enjoy it tbh, I acc find it the easiest of all my subjects

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by aa1234
is a level maths hard?

Depends if you enjoy it or not... if you enjoy it and are pretty good at it, it's not hard at all to get an A... however if you don't like it and don't really want to do it that's when you start getting problems and is the reason why so many people fail it too.

I'm in year 13 and I take Maths, Accounting and ICT and maths was the easiest.
Original post by crayolaguy
Depends if you enjoy it or not... if you enjoy it and are pretty good at it, it's not hard at all to get an A... however if you don't like it and don't really want to do it that's when you start getting problems and is the reason why so many people fail it too.

I'm in year 13 and I take Maths, Accounting and ICT and maths was the easiest.

Do you think AS maths can be self taught? And how long do you think it will take for one to cover all of the material of AS? (3 months maybe if someone works an hour a day?)
A level maths is incredibly easy, especially core 1 and core 2. Mechanics can be slightly more difficult but if you do physics you should be fine. Alternatively, you could pick statistics which imo is also easy.
And yes, AS maths can be taught. But seriously, an hour a day? What a p****, grow a pair of balls and do 4-5 hours a day.
Original post by grassntai
Do you think AS maths can be self taught? And how long do you think it will take for one to cover all of the material of AS? (3 months maybe if someone works an hour a day?)
Original post by SuperiorGenius
A level maths is incredibly easy, especially core 1 and core 2. Mechanics can be slightly more difficult but if you do physics you should be fine. Alternatively, you could pick statistics which imo is also easy.
And yes, AS maths can be taught. But seriously, an hour a day? What a p****, grow a pair of balls and do 4-5 hours a day.

:rolleyes: Ok I will try... But what about time for my other subjects?
:rolleyes: Ok I will try... But what about time for my other subjects?

"time for other subjects"? There was once this pakistani who did 23 AS levels. Seriously dude, there WILL be time if you study 6 hours a day on college days and 8-10 hours a day on weekends. And you will get brilliant UMS marks. Only you will know how to divide that time because everyone understands different topics at different paces.
Reply 7
Not really if you enjoy it or are naturally talented at maths. If you are neither of those, it can be a challenge but it's perfectly doable if you pay attention in lessons and do lots of past papers.

i guess you could but you wouldn't have taught yourself well.. maybe 2 or more hours a day for 3 months would be better.
The specification suggests a total of lessons and "directed study" of 65 hours per module ie for 3 modules at AS = 195 hours. Over 3 months that is about 2 hours a day. Makes sense to do more at the beginning to get on top of it.
(edited 9 years ago)

Overkill.
Original post by keromedic
Overkill.

You're the type of person who ends up studying at a university like Durham and says "Cambridge is over-rated anyway".
You're the type of person who ends up studying at a university like Durham and says "Cambridge is over-rated anyway".

Not at all. But doing 4-5 hrs per day for AS maths is overkill. Wb the other Alevels?
I'm not Cambridge material but I know a fair few ppl at Cambridge or who've just gotten in. They spent closer to 1-2 hrs daily.

Quick Reply

Latest