Are you planning on firming soas?

Yep SOAS will be my firm 😄
School of Oriental and African Studies
London
Original post by RED.13
Yep SOAS will be my firm 😄

Same :smile:
Reply 442
Are people going to the insight days alone or taking their parents or someone else?
Original post by A97K
Are people going to the insight days alone or taking their parents or someone else?

Going with my friend but we will most probably seperate at some point because we're doing different courses...what talk are you going to?
Reply 444
Original post by Kmohazeb
Yay! :smile:
Looking forward to the insight day :biggrin:
Are you planning on firming soas?

Heyyy :smile: when did you get your offer from SOAS? It's been so long and they still haven't gotten back to me :frown:
Original post by ddalgi
Heyyy :smile: when did you get your offer from SOAS? It's been so long and they still haven't gotten back to me :frown:

Hey! I sent my application late novembet and recieved my offer in January. They do take long! My friend got hers around March time last year, don't worry..they'll slowly get to it!
still heard nothing:frown:
Original post by xxvine
still heard nothing:frown:

Expect a long wait. I contacted admissions yesterday and was told to wait 'another few weeks'. They claimed that my application was with the 'department' but I'm really starting to question the admissions department's honesty and credibility. This is probably enough to discourage any one from applying or even wanting to enrol at SOAS.
Original post by jakepro94
Expect a long wait. I contacted admissions yesterday and was told to wait 'another few weeks'. They claimed that my application was with the 'department' but I'm really starting to question the admissions department's honesty and credibility. This is probably enough to discourage any one from applying or even wanting to enrol at SOAS.

I know how frustrating it can be, but you have to consider that it's really subjective. I received my offer from SOAS in less than a month, while I've been waiting for Edinburgh and King's since Middle October (please note that they originally said I should get back in six weeks. It's been eighteen). In my opinion, it has nothing to do with the university prestige/reputation/excellence in general.

Hold on, it's almost over :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 449
I contacted the admissions team yesterday and hope this helps you guys out:

"Dear Abdullah,

Thank you for your email.

According to our records we received your application on 13 January 2015.

We are currently processing applications as quickly as possible and in the order that we receive them. It may however be another month or so before you receive a decision from us.

Apologies for this delay but please bear with us at this busy time.

Kind regards,
UG Admissions"

^I don't mind the delay but the thought of waiting so long to end up being unsuccessful is unbearable !
Original post by Saquib
I contacted the admissions team yesterday and hope this helps you guys out:

"Dear Abdullah,

Thank you for your email.

According to our records we received your application on 13 January 2015.

We are currently processing applications as quickly as possible and in the order that we receive them. It may however be another month or so before you receive a decision from us.

Apologies for this delay but please bear with us at this busy time.

Kind regards,
UG Admissions"

^I don't mind the delay but the thought of waiting so long to end up being unsuccessful is unbearable !

Lol, let me tell you that my application was sent on 14th November. AND I STILL HAVENT GOTTEN ANY REPLY D:
I sent them a mail regarding this, but they replied saying the exact same thing, "we are still processing your application" .
-__-
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 451
Did everyone(who is yet to receive a response) get a 'newsletter' from SOAS or is it just me?
Has anyone else got an email inviting you to an interview? It doesn't look like they've given me an offer yet also so it looks like it depends on the interview....

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Saquib
Did everyone(who is yet to receive a response) get a 'newsletter' from SOAS or is it just me?

Nope. Nothing other than a confirmation email for my application way back in November.
Original post by small_circles
Has anyone else got an email inviting you to an interview? It doesn't look like they've given me an offer yet also so it looks like it depends on the interview....

Posted from TSR Mobile

When did you receive this? When did you apply?
Original post by jakepro94
When did you receive this? When did you apply?

I applied in time for the deadline for Oxbridge so late September I think....
I got their email on Monday and the interview is on the 9th!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I applied in time for the deadline for Oxbridge so late September I think....
I got their email on Monday and the interview is on the 9th!

Posted from TSR Mobile

what subject

still heard nothing from them:frown:
Original post by xxvine
what subject

still heard nothing from them:frown:

Arabic and Persian...
I'm sure you'll hear from them soon:smile:
Edit: what's your subject?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Arabic and Persian...
I'm sure you'll hear from them soon:smile:
Edit: what's your subject?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lawww
SOAS admin is notoriously slow. They'll get back to you eventually, don't worry.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending