The Student Room Group

need help choosing a uni

im still unsure about the universities i should apply for , for the course economics, please give suggestions.

for my AS i got AAAB for the following subjects, ,maths, economics, philoshy and psychology
i dont think ill be able to get an A* for any subs for results. but can i still get into UCL with AABa for economics
Reply 1
Original post by jabedkhan
im still unsure about the universities i should apply for , for the course economics, please give suggestions.

for my AS i got AAAB for the following subjects, ,maths, economics, philoshy and psychology
i dont think ill be able to get an A* for any subs for results. but can i still get into UCL with AABa for economics

Have you looked at the requirements for other unis? How far do you wish to move from home? Do you care about uni rankings, the nightlife etc etc? Make a list of what you would want in a uni/city the uni is in and then start searching.

UCL do require A*AA, with an A* in Maths; try your best to get your Maths teacher to bump up your prediction. What's your AS UMS like?
Reply 3
Original post by Mr.Econometrics
UCL do require A*AA, with an A* in Maths; try your best to get your Maths teacher to bump up your prediction. What's your AS UMS like?

i got 248/300 ums, that seems like a low A.

would UCL still consider me if i get AAA-AAB (A in maths) as my brother is going to be studying pharmacy at UCL with AABa .
Reply 4
Original post by TLK
Have you looked at the requirements for other unis? How far do you wish to move from home? Do you care about uni rankings, the nightlife etc etc? Make a list of what you would want in a uni/city the uni is in and then start searching.

i want to stay in the united kingdom but london UCL would be preffered.
what do you mean by the nightlife ?

and what factors shall i consider if i want to move out for university????????
this is a question that always baffled me, i dont know what to search for in all honesty.
Reply 5
i want to stay in the united kingdom but london UCL would be preffered.
what do you mean by the nightlife ?

and what factors shall i consider if i want to move out for university????????
this is a question that always baffled me, i dont know what to search for in all honesty.

Nightlife as in clubbing. Some people want uni's that have a good clubbing scene (good nightlife).

Factors like, do you want to be in the north, south etc. Do you want to go to a big city that's always busy since some people like the atmosphere , Manchester, London, Birmingham, etc or a small quiet city/town. Do you want to go far away from home or do you want to near by? Do you can about how your uni ranks for your course?
Reply 6
Economics and Pharmacy are two different courses, so the grades required will vary. Generally, UCL look for an A* in Maths or two A's in Maths and Further Maths. The fact that you have a 4th AS level may help you but try and get that A* in maths and Economics; Aim high broski ... quality
i got 248/300 ums, that seems like a low A.

would UCL still consider me if i get AAA-AAB (A in maths) as my brother is going to be studying pharmacy at UCL with AABa .

No way you'd get into UCL without A* maths given a significant proportion will have A* FM
my ucl Econ offer was A*AA A* in maths A in Econ and I don't do further. I also know others who have been rejected with A*A*A*A* doing further, so its partly PS based. A* in maths is deffo needed though.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending