The Student Room Group

UCL electrical and electronic engineering

hey everyone

this year am going to go to study electrical and electronic engineering at UCL.

the thing which I am worried is about not being able to cope with the work load or probably not be able to understand it quickly.

I have done a btec course so :/

Additionally I would like know how the support/help you get from teachers is enough and how it is done? ( if that makes sense)

the environment, the staff, students etc... all that concerning me

I have a feeling everyone is going to be on top of me with their high grades A* etc and me just sitting there having no clue whats going on.

if someone could reply to that , it would be great

thanks in advance
Mate if you got into Ucl with a Btec I'm pretty sure you can handle it. Have some confidence in yourself. Plus you've got something the others haven't the practical side of engineering. When you go in there it should be right up your street

Posted from TSR Mobile
Have you joined our UCL EE 2014 Freshers group on Facebook? We're happy to help with your concerns and you can ask absolutely anything.

But yes as the above has said it's not going to be too bad. Just try to the enjoy the university life with an equal balance of studies and nothing can go wrong. Everyone is really helpful here at UCL. You can always discuss anything with your personal tutor whom you will meet weekly. And remember you got into UCL for a reason - they know you can work in that environment so there's nothing to be worried about.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by Stickman
Have you joined our UCL EE 2014 Freshers group on Facebook? We're happy to help with your concerns and you can ask absolutely anything.

But yes as the above has said it's not going to be too bad. Just try to the enjoy the university life with an equal balance of studies and nothing can go wrong. Everyone is really helpful here at UCL. You can always discuss anything with your personal tutor whom you will meet weekly. And remember you got into UCL for a reason - they know you can work in that environment so there's nothing to be worried about.

Posted from TSR Mobile

hey can you actually send me the link of the UCL EE 2014 Freshers group on Facebook, I have tried to find it but couldn't .

and thanks for your help in advance

are you at UCL studying the same as me ?
Reply 4
Original post by Michael_98
Mate if you got into Ucl with a Btec I'm pretty sure you can handle it. Have some confidence in yourself. Plus you've got something the others haven't the practical side of engineering. When you go in there it should be right up your street

Posted from TSR Mobile

hey
thanks for the reply and advice.

btw what are you studying?
Original post by kashif A
hey can you actually send me the link of the UCL EE 2014 Freshers group on Facebook, I have tried to find it but couldn't .

and thanks for your help in advance

are you at UCL studying the same as me ?

Yes I'm joining you this year on EE.

Make sure you're logged into fb:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/682671321803564/
Reply 6
Original post by Stickman
Yes I'm joining you this year on EE.

Make sure you're logged into fb:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/682671321803564/

oh that's nice,

whats your name then ?

tomorrow is the enrolment, lets see how it goes.

you probably got very goo grades and it might be easier for you compared to me

thanks for the link
Original post by kashif A
hey
thanks for the reply and advice.

btw what are you studying?

Sorry for the late reply I'm doing a Btec in Electronic Engineering, alongside Biology , Chemistry and Geography. I'll probably drop geography and carry on with Bio,Chem, and engineering. Hopefully I'll be able to do Electronic Engineering at Uni

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest