The Student Room Group

SQA Marking Review

So I got a C for English and I was 3 marks off of a B. So I put in for a marking review because it's close (in terms of the folio when I got 13 so it could possibly be considered a 15 and then there's 2 marks right away) And in general considering I would only need to pick up one mark in each paper.

I've yet to hear back, and I'm just wondering if anyone has heard the results of their re-mark yet, just to see whether they've been positive on the whole or negative and to try and gauge my chances of whether it will go up to a B. I've actually heard of a few people who got C's in English and when it was reviewed they got an A.. So yeah, please post your opinions of what you think, if it's likely I will get a higher grade and if you've received any results on your yet!

Thanks!

Scroll to see replies

Just some information for those who're interested:
I was talking to a teacher today and he was saying that for subjects where it's either right or wrong answers (such as science/maths) if you are more than 2 marks away from the boundary then they aren't even going to look at your paper. He does quite a lot with SQA for physics so I'm assuming his information is correct (might be wrong though?)
With a more essay based subject - like english - I think there's a good chance of a change in grade if you're only a few marks off.
Reply 2
I also asked for a marking review for English (2 marks off a B) and still haven't heard anything back either
Reply 3
For anyone who hasn't got their remark back yet, I contacted my school about it today. They have to be out by the end of September so they will be released Tuesday night and your school should be able to tell you on Wednesday
Reply 4
Original post by mglen
For anyone who hasn't got their remark back yet, I contacted my school about it today. They have to be out by the end of September so they will be released Tuesday night and your school should be able to tell you on Wednesday

Did you get yours yet?
Reply 5
Original post by DavidL97
Did you get yours yet?

Nope, Wednesday hopefully
Reply 6
pathetic! we've been waiting nearly 2 months!!!!!!
Was going to cancel my UKCAT, on wednesday, if i didn't get my remark but now it looks like I'm going to have to sit it anyways cause i don't know :bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling:
Reply 7
I know, it's getting ridiculous now, its probably going to end up taking longer than getting them marked in the first place!
Reply 8
Original post by mglen
Nope, Wednesday hopefully

pathetic! we've been waiting nearly 2 months!!!!!!
Was going to cancel my UKCAT, on wednesday, if i didn't get my remark but now it looks like I'm going to have to sit it anyways cause i don't know
Reply 9
Original post by mglen
I know, it's getting ridiculous now, its probably going to end up taking longer than getting them marked in the first place!

Basically we've had to wait 5 months for the final results :angry:
Is there no chance we will be told by tomorrow? or are the chances slim :mad::mad::mad:
Reply 10
Original post by HassanA97
Basically we've had to wait 5 months for the final results :angry:
Is there no chance we will be told by tomorrow? or are the chances slim :mad::mad::mad:

There's always a chance, I know people who've had remarks from other subjects like history. I'm thinking maybe english had a lot of people wanting marking reviews and so it's taking longer.. :/ it's crap though, I've been sitting in a higher english class with no motivation whatsoever for 2 months because I'm still waiting on this result.
Original post by DavidL97
There's always a chance, I know people who've had remarks from other subjects like history. I'm thinking maybe english had a lot of people wanting marking reviews and so it's taking longer.. :/ it's crap though, I've been sitting in a higher english class with no motivation whatsoever for 2 months because I'm still waiting on this result.

Its unfair because its zoo long, yeah there are people in my school resting a subject because they don't know of their remarking results yet!
What are yous all remarking?
Reply 12
Original post by HassanA97
Its unfair because its zoo long, yeah there are people in my school resting a subject because they don't know of their remarking results yet!
What are yous all remarking?

English, two marks off a B. You?
Original post by mglen
English, two marks off a B. You?

English 2 marks off an A, and 4 marks off an A in maths..
But i know maths is a long shot off so not really expecting to get it.
Reply 14
I'm remarking english, 3 marks off a B. Fingers crossed...
Reply 15
Still waiting to hear back on mine for

Higher Business
Higher Accounts.

Was pretty Band 1 A's, got C's.
Reply 16
Got my B in English :biggrin:
Original post by mglen
Got my B in English :biggrin:

When did you hear back, I'm still waiting for the result of my remark for AH Geography :smile:
Reply 18
Still waiting too

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Bluebells60
Still waiting too

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't really understand why it's taking so long, my school said that they would receive them yesterday so surely they already have the results?