The Student Room Group

problems with cambridge applications

Hi,
I am applying for Cambridgr and my deadline for submission is 20th september. While I submitted both my COPA and UCAS application before this deadline, my referee did not receive any reference link. Despite trying many methods, Cambridge did not manage to send her the link so I missed my application deadline.

Do you guys think that there is a slight possibility that Cambridge will look past my mistake and still accept my application? I am so helpless right now and would really appreciate some advice.

Thanks! :frown:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by fusiflos
Hi,
I am applying for Cambridgr and my deadline for submission is 20th september. While I submitted both my COPA and UCAS application before this deadline, my referee did not receive any reference link. Despite trying many methods, Cambridge did not manage to send her the link so I missed my application deadline.

Do you guys think that there is a slight possibility that Cambridge will look past my mistake and still accept my application? I am so helpless right now and would really appreciate some advice.

The deadline for Cambridge isn't for almoat another month.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by Coffeetime
The deadline for Cambridge isn't for almoat another month.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sorry for the misunderstanding. As I am requesting to be interviewed in Singapore, my deadline was 20th September... Do you think I can change my COPA and request to be interviewed in UK, which extends the deadline to 15 October?
Sorry for the misunderstanding. As I am requesting to be interviewed in Singapore, my deadline was 20th September... Do you think I can change my COPA and request to be interviewed in UK, which extends the deadline to 15 October?

I'm afraid I don't know. All I can suggest is calling Cambridge Monday.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi,

If there was an error their end then yes, a slight possibility. However you need to be onto this on Monday and I'd suggest you get your referee to email a reference to the college admission tutor. I wonder why they haven't just done that already. Also if you submitted to UCAS on time your referee should have been able to put a reference on UCAS.
Hi,

why do you say it's your error ?

as others have suggested, contact cambridge immediately and explain the situation.

good luck
Reply 6
Original post by parentlurker
If there was an error their end then yes, a slight possibility. However you need to be onto this on Monday and I'd suggest you get your referee to email a reference to the college admission tutor. I wonder why they haven't just done that already. Also if you submitted to UCAS on time your referee should have been able to put a reference on UCAS.

I am hoping Cambridge accepts the reference through email too because I was calling my referee at 6am to email them but she was asleep so in the end She emailed them past the deadline. Thanks for your advice, I think I'll call them tomorrow to check with them. :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by ez_accountancy
why do you say it's your error ?

as others have suggested, contact cambridge immediately and explain the situation.

good luck

I think because Cambridge is extremely strict and they made it clear if there's any problem it's our fault for not addressing them earlier. Thank you all so much for your advice I feel much better now. :smile:
If you needed a link and there is clear evidence that you were asking for a link and they did not provide it, then of course they will let you apply.

Otherwise you'll need to grovel and beg and maybe, maybe... they'll be kind.

Quick Reply