The Student Room Group
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews

English at St Andrews?

Hi, I really love the look of St Andrews University, the subject I would hope to study would be English. I achieved an A in English Lit, a B in History, a B in Classics and a C in Philosophy and Ethics (I was disappointed with this and have dropped it) at As. I have been predicted three A's in my A2's.
My first question is do I have a chance of getting in? I know its a very competitive course and university and I was wondering if there's a point in applying? My second question is: is a language required? I did Latin and French at GCSE getting a C in French and a B in Latin but I haven't taken them any further and I wondered because on UCAS it says something about possibly requiring a language but I didn't quite get it.
Thanks!
-Laura
It would be worth applying if you're predicted As- you have 5 universities to apply to and so if you like the look of St Andrews there's no harm in trying.
And you don't need a language as far as I know. I do have a language A-level, but that's because I'm doing joint honours with that language. If you're just going for straight English, then that's all you need.
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews
Original post by lauraaa97
Hi, I really love the look of St Andrews University, the subject I would hope to study would be English. I achieved an A in English Lit, a B in History, a B in Classics and a C in Philosophy and Ethics (I was disappointed with this and have dropped it) at As. I have been predicted three A's in my A2's.
My first question is do I have a chance of getting in? I know its a very competitive course and university and I was wondering if there's a point in applying? My second question is: is a language required? I did Latin and French at GCSE getting a C in French and a B in Latin but I haven't taken them any further and I wondered because on UCAS it says something about possibly requiring a language but I didn't quite get it.
Thanks!
-Laura

Hi Laura really interested to know if you go an offer at St Andrews.? my daughter has much the same grades as you in the same subjects and would love to study at St Andrews

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending