The Student Room Group

Is anyone else struggling with additional science?

I've just done core science and got an overall B, the topics were so easy but exams aren't my thing so I sort of screwed up a bit with that. Now I've started additional science and I am finding it so difficult. Its interesting but I just don't get protein synthesis or functions of a protein or enzymes! I can do the work in class and get it right but I feel like I don't fully understand it.

I'm using a CGP revision guide and I have a pretty good teacher so I can't get why I'm not understanding it! Is anyone else feeling like this or have I just gotten dumb over the summer holidays? :s-smilie:
Original post by quinoa
I've just done core science and got an overall B, the topics were so easy but exams aren't my thing so I sort of screwed up a bit with that. Now I've started additional science and I am finding it so difficult. Its interesting but I just don't get protein synthesis or functions of a protein or enzymes! I can do the work in class and get it right but I feel like I don't fully understand it.

I'm using a CGP revision guide and I have a pretty good teacher so I can't get why I'm not understanding it! Is anyone else feeling like this or have I just gotten dumb over the summer holidays? :s-smilie:

I did core science and got a B:facepalm:. Then did additional science and got an A* only missing 5 marks in my final exam.
To help you understand it better, you need to go over it more. The way I did this was I went over the stuff we were going to be taught a few days before the actual lesson.
I did use the book, but mostly used BBC Bitesize where I could learn it and do those little tests on the website.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
I am finding it incredibly difficult! :frown: The highest I've ever got was an E and it's most definitely the hardest subject I do. I just don't get any of it.
Reply 3
I got a B for core too.

I'm struggling.
Were doing our second ISA and were doing the first paper on Tuesday.
I've been extremely sick for the last week so I missed a lesson, plus as I was so sick, I couldn't concentrate properly in the lessons I did do. I don't even know the methods.

Luckily, the paper was scheduled for tomorrow, but our teachers postponed it a lesson further, as others were struggling too. Thank god for that.

Why the **** are the ISA's so early?, last year I did it in February. :angry::angry::angry:
I'm guessing it's only my school, the work for it was okay though.
(edited 9 years ago)
I got an A in core in Y9. I did additional last year. I struggled so much, and I never really 'understood' any of it, but those mygcsescience videos helped me to get an overall A this year. I really recommend them:smile:
Also took my core in July and got an overall of B. I'll be retaking it this year bc I know I can do better and slacked a lot in year 10.
This year, however, I've been revising for every one of my lessons before hand and after to make sure I understand it fully. Additional science rn isn't too bad, I have better teachers than I did in the lower years, so that's good.

Quick Reply

Latest