The Student Room Group

Girls: If this guy walked into your room, would you have sex with him?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Maura Kat
what about this guy?

[video="youtube;J_2WE82K548"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_2WE82K548[/video]

What? I don't get it are you laughing at my post or laughing at me :s-smilie:

Loool
Original post by Temporality
What? I don't get it are you laughing at my post or laughing at me :s-smilie:

Loool

He's Julien Kang, mixed parentage. He speaks 4 languages. His spoken English in the video is very american-like. if you like him then i think i deserve a Post rating: . :colondollar:.
He's Julien Kang, mixed parentage. He speaks 4 languages. His spoken English in the video is very american-like. if you like him then i think i deserve a Post rating: . :colondollar:.

Oh what, was Julien Kang the one in the original picture too then?
No not because he's asian but:
a) why would you want to have sex with someone you'd never spoken to or didn't know properly!? That's just a bit weird in my opinion. Never would I do that. You can't know if you find them attractive or not if you don't know what they're like. I mean he could be lovely but he could be a complete dickhead. In any situation, just wouldn't do that with someone who randomly waltzed up to me from somewhere. Be it in my room or elsewhere :s-smilie:.

b) He actually looks ridiculous the way he's about to remove his pants like they're a piece of lingerie lmao. I mean come on, that's like a girl pose you find in Nuts or something, or a gay poster in the least. Guys shouldn't be naked to be attractive like that. It's not the way it works, for me anyway. I don't want to see a guy objectified in any sense.

c) I don't find guys who think they're all sexy attractive. At all. Quite genuinely. I hate vain people and nothing puts me off a guy more than vanity. It's just not necessary. Confidence is different from vanity and the guy in the photo is quite clearly vain and likes himself too much or he wouldn't be assuming that pose like that

d) Yeah just because guys have worked out doesnt automatically mean they are fit and thats a huge assumption guys make it. They are not fit if they are vapid and vain. Yes being in shape is attractive but having a perfect body is not a turn on. I'd rather go out with a skinnier guy who had his own style and was handsome and was a lovely persn than someone really bulky and a complete dickhead.

Being asian hadn't even come into it at that point but if it was someone brought up in an East Asian country and then moved here, I've never met such an East Asian guy who is progressive in their thoughts, not tied down by meaningless cultural traditions, and doesn't live their lives controlled by other people's rules. I know it's not their fault due to dictatorships etc but personally I find all those traits very unattractive, especially people who obey too much and don't think for themselves. That's an ultimate turn off. However if they are from elsewhere and acclimatised to a culture of forward thought and freedom that is a different matter :smile:.

Mi thinks you made many assumptions in this post
Which cultural traditions do you see as negative?
Original post by ChickenMadness
Mi thinks you made many assumptions in this post
Which cultural traditions do you see as negative?

Arranged marriage, forcing people to obey their families and not speak out against their families even if their families are completley unreasonable and/or abusive, putting far too much emphasis on education to the point where kids aren't enjoying just being kids and not enough emphasis on personal growth of children..a

nd what assumptions?
Oh what, was Julien Kang the one in the original picture too then?

you have got to be one of the most dumbest TSR users I've seen in a long long time. i do not know the name of the bloke in white underwear on the first page. the guy in the video I posted is Julien Kang.

it's no wonder you're in the daydreaming society :eek:
Arranged marriage, forcing people to obey their families and not speak out against their families even if their families are completley unreasonable and/or abusive, putting far too much emphasis on education to the point where kids aren't enjoying just being kids and not enough emphasis on personal growth of children..a

nd what assumptions?

Assumptions:
-the dude in the photo is vain. (probably is lol. But it's a photo shoot and he gets told to be in that pose haha. He looks like he isn't enjoying it that much to me.)
-working out makes you vain.

I think you mean South Asian. Because there aren't any arrange marriages in any of the East Asian cultures. None of what you said applies to East Asian cultures actually. Apart from the high expectations from education. That's more of a stereotype though. And can happen with parents in any country.
you have got to be one of the most dumbest TSR users I've seen in a long long time. i do not know the name of the bloke in white underwear on the first page. the guy in the video I posted is Julien Kang.

it's no wonder you're in the daydreaming society :eek:

Righttt, you're the one who quoted me as saying 'hahahhahah' when I didn't even say that.

So I quoted you asking whether you were laughing at my post or laughing at me because saying hahahahha isn't very clear. It's quite ambiguous.

And cheers, Ive been called a lot of things in my time but dumb isn't one of them :smile:
Original post by ChickenMadness
Assumptions:
-the dude in the photo is vain. (probably is lol. But it's a photo shoot and he gets told to be in that pose haha. He looks like he isn't enjoying it that much to me.)

I thought the looking like he wasnt enjoying it was part of the sex appeal. You know like all those fashion modelling pictures of girls that look in pain and really hungry lool. Well look here if he wasn't vain he could have refused to be photographed in that dumbbbb pose loool :P. But he went along with the vanity.

-working out makes you vain.

I didn't say working out makes you vain. I said that there is an assumption amongst males that working out is enough to make you ridiculously sexy. Which isn't true in my eyes anyway. Just because you hve a lean bod doesn't make you sexy, if you are a knob, in my opinion. Get the point?! :P

I think you mean South Asian. Because there aren't any arrange marriages in any of the East Asian cultures.

Nah I meant East Asian. I'm think I'm just affected from reading this book called wild swans where grown women are forced into marrying fourteen year old boys because part of the process of marriage is a wife mothering her husband and helping bring him up. I did get that idea from a non-fiction historical book but forgive me if I am wrong on that one. I honestly believe there was a tradition of arranged marriage, at least in China, if not in other East Asian Countries. Maybe that tradition died out?

part from the high expectations from education. That's more of a stereotype though.

I think it is a part of actual East Asian culture rather than a stereotype. Like education really matters in the culture, being 'accomplished' really matters. I've heard this talked about a lot by East Asian friends who are actually from East Asia from birth and not brought up here.

And can happen with parents in any country.

Yes it can but it seems to happen the most in Asia, both South and East.

I kind of don't think I've been unfair anywhre here, :P, except on the arranged marriage one perhaps as the historical book may not have been so far reaching as I thought.
(edited 9 years ago)
I thought the looking like he wasnt enjoying it was part of the sex appeal. You know like all those fashion modelling pictures of girls that look in pain and really hungry lool. Well look here if he wasn't vain he could have refused to be photographe in that dumbbbb pose loool :P. But he went along with the vanity.

I didn't say working out makes you vain. I said that there is an assumption amongst males that working out is enough to make you ridiculously sexy. Which isn't true in my eyes anyway. Just because you hve a lean bod doesn't make you sexy, if you are a knob, in my opinion. Get the point?! :P

Nah I meant East Asian. I'm think I'm just affected from reading this book called wild swans where grown women are forced into marrying fourteen year old boys because part of the process of marriage is bringing up the child. I did get that idea from a non-fiction historical book but forgive me if I am wrong on that one. I honestly believe there was a tradition of arranged marriage, at least in China, if not in other East Asian Countries.

I think it is a part of actual East Asian culture rather than a stereotype. Like education really matters in the culture, being 'accomplished' really matters. I've heard this talked about a lot by East Asian friends who are actually from East Asia from birth and not brought up here.

Yes it can but it seems to happen the most in Asia, both South and East.

I kind of don't think I've been unfair anywhre here, :P, except on the arranged marriage one perhaps as the historical book may not have been so far reaching as I thought.

Yeeeeee theres a lot of showing off in Chinese culture. Like in Chinese funerals they give money to the family of the deceased and when it's between rich families and business men they even keep a talichart to see who donates the most. So it would just be an embarrassment if you didn't donate as much as the others. (My mother's family was actually half a million in debt cus the father gambled away most of their money. But they had so much money donated to them by rich business men they were able to pay off all the debt). And it's in Shanghai, Singapore and Hong Kong where that stereotype is actually properly real. because they're all pretty big money capitals in the world and the kids there are really pushed to do well in school and become bankers etc.
Don't really see it as non-progressive though. One of the best art and design schools in the world is in Singapore (FZD school of design). And theres so much artistry from that part of the world. Not everyone there forces there kids into high earning jobs. It's a lot to do with poor families wanting to get out of a ****-ole and the economic situation. And it's not really about forcing the kids to do stuff. There's a big focus on wanting to make your parents proud.

I disagree with the arranged marriage thing though lol. But China is such a big country and there are different ethnic groups and subcultures. There are so many different languages as well. It could be a thing in one of the subcultures. It's not really a thing in Hokkien Chinese peeps.
(edited 9 years ago)
If a naked guy walked into my room, I'd let my dogs at him!

Quick Reply

Latest