The Student Room Group

What should I be doing if I want all As

Hi, I've just started year 12 and want straight As in my A levels, but I don't know what I need to do, to get these grades. For example when I don't have any homework which needs doing, what do I do? Should I be revising already? Any help is much appreciated. Thanks
Just work hard. If you're half bright and you work really hard, you can easily get 4As. Try and enjoy your subjects and be curious about them. For me I would happily revise Maths for hours and that helps.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by DHandZ
Hi, I've just started year 12 and want straight As in my A levels, but I don't know what I need to do, to get these grades. For example when I don't have any homework which needs doing, what do I do? Should I be revising already? Any help is much appreciated. Thanks

From personal experience, I would recommend, you start making notes from day 1. Do whatever works for you, either make revision cards, rewrite class work in your own words or draw diagrams and pictures to help you remember when you need to start revision. Draw spider diagrams...anything. Making notes will help you understand and remember your work so you won't have to do it when revision sets in...instead you can just start.

Everybody works differently and prefers different methods of note taking. During my two year I started revising my hardest A Level from day one, by making notes and revision cards and testing myself on them, whereas the other two A Levels I just made notes for from day 1 and revised later on. You could also start writing practice essays (if possible) if you have an essay based subject etc. It all depends on how you work but find the method that's right for you and you;ll be fine. Good Luck
Reply 3
Original post by DHandZ

Think you should've started revising a bit earlier to be honest

Quick Reply

Latest