The Student Room Group

My so called best friend didnt even wish me happy birthday

What do people make of this, I cant help the way I feel about this, I have just cut them off and not replying to them. They knew it was my birthday and 3 days later they messaged me saying "how was your day I didnt wish you happy birthday in case you didnt have a good day". I think thats pretty poor to be honest, when someone I met last week at uni gave me a card which was sweet that they went out of their way to do so. I think its just poor behaviour to say that, who says incase you had a bad day, like what the hell. so yeah Ive cut them off and feel like its over for good.
Original post by justjake09
What do people make of this, I cant help the way I feel about this, I have just cut them off and not replying to them. They knew it was my birthday and 3 days later they messaged me saying "how was your day I didnt wish you happy birthday in case you didnt have a good day". I think thats pretty poor to be honest, when someone I met last week at uni gave me a card which was sweet that they went out of their way to do so. I think its just poor behaviour to say that, who says incase you had a bad day, like what the hell. so yeah Ive cut them off and feel like its over for good.

I have to admit, that's one of the strangest comments I think I've ever heard.
Reply 2
Sounds like they forgot
Reply 3
My mum forgot my age and birthday.

Posted from TSR Mobile
That's a pretty weird thing to say. Last year, 4 of my closest friends forgot my birthday and this year 3 of them forgot. It kind of hurts... it's right there on Facebook, it's not like I expect them to write it down or remember themselves. But whatever, it hurts but I've not cut them off because it's not really the worst thing they can do to me. They have lives away from me, I just made the childish conscious effort to not say happy birthday to them. It's up to you if you stop talking to your friend, but is it really something to throw away a friendship over?
Reply 5
Original post by Integer
Sounds like they forgot

Well yeah you would but not, when we talked about it the day before because of something I posted online about my birthday, which she obviously saw. And she knew about it anyway, we have been best friends for 6 years
Reply 6
Original post by sliceofcake
That's a pretty weird thing to say. Last year, 4 of my closest friends forgot my birthday and this year 3 of them forgot. It kind of hurts... it's right there on Facebook, it's not like I expect them to write it down or remember themselves. But whatever, it hurts but I've not cut them off because it's not really the worst thing they can do to me. They have lives away from me, I just made the childish conscious effort to not say happy birthday to them. It's up to you if you stop talking to your friend, but is it really something to throw away a friendship over?

It does hurt, but we both know each others birthday we are both into starsigns and we remember birthdays. I felt like that too but, I think it shows she isnt treating me like a best friend, I feel like I shouldnt waste anymore time on that friendship
I find that comment weird. I always forget friends birthdays. :redface:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending