The Student Room Group

Applying to Uni without AS?

Hey everyone!

I am planning on taking both AS and A2 exams in 2 years time. Is it still possible to apply to university next year without having AS results or do I have to take a gap year?

Thanks!
Original post by MockingQuail
Hey everyone!

I am planning on taking both AS and A2 exams in 2 years time. Is it still possible to apply to university next year without having AS results or do I have to take a gap year?

Thanks!

As long as your reference contains predicted grades, that's OK. It'll make life more difficult for admissions tutors, but you aren't the first person todo this and nor will you be the last.
Reply 2
Original post by Carnationlilyrose
As long as your reference contains predicted grades, that's OK. It'll make life more difficult for admissions tutors, but you aren't the first person todo this and nor will you be the last.

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but, how will I know my predicted grades if I haven't done any exams(AS) before applying?
Sorry if this is a stupid question, but, how will I know my predicted grades if I haven't done any exams(AS) before applying?

That's for your teachers to decide. They put them in the reference.
Reply 4
Oh right. Actually I don't go to a college, I'm taking A Levels through distance learning.
Oh right. Actually I don't go to a college, I'm taking A Levels through distance learning.

In that case, you need to contact UCAS and discuss who should supply your reference and predicted grades. It makes things complicated.
Hey everyone!

Thanks!

Why? Most people study AS first and then do A2 as it builds on AS work. So why not just sit AS exams at the end of year 1 and have something to show universities? If I was an admission tutor it would cast doubt on your predictions. Still if you must do it that why think about clearing, a gap year may not be essential.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending