The Student Room Group

Cambridge MPhil Economics + MPhil Economics Research, Entry 2015 thread

Scroll to see replies

Congratulations! Did you apply for Economics or Economic Research?
Original post by janmodaal
Congratulations! Did you apply for Economics or Economic Research?

Economics

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by dbnewcastle

I didn't know they would send out offers before the deadline of Jan 31st. I applied for Economics almost three weeks ago but still under consideration of the degree committee. If I may ask, has your application been stuck on that status for a long time?
Original post by janmodaal
I didn't know they would send out offers before the deadline of Jan 31st. I applied for Economics almost three weeks ago but still under consideration of the degree committee. If I may ask, has your application been stuck on that status for a long time?

I submitted my application in October, so I've been waiting a while to hear back!

My status was 'under consideration by degree committee' for about 2 months, and then I was offered a place a few days ago.

I think because you applied quite recently you may have to wait until February/March (from what I gather from other SR discussions)
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 24
Original post by dbnewcastle
I submitted my application in October, so I've been waiting a while to hear back!

My status was 'under consideration by degree committee' for about 2 months, and then I was offered a place a few days ago.

I think because you applied quite recently you may have to wait until February/March (from what I gather from other SR discussions)

Hi dbnewcastle, congrats on your offer! May I ask what is your (academic) profile? :smile:
Original post by oasys
Hi dbnewcastle, congrats on your offer! May I ask what is your (academic) profile? :smile:

Thanks!

I have a first in BSc Economics from a Russell Group University (first in all core modules). It was a 4-year degree with a sandwich year placement in global corporate bank in the city.

I also have course-related experience in a developing country and was very involved in my course society.

Have you applied? Good luck if you're waiting to hear back!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 26
Is there no "under consideration by department" phase in the decision process for MSc Economics?
Original post by ggk
Is there no "under consideration by department" phase in the decision process for MSc Economics?

Well, I am still "awaiting consideration by the department" so you should be happy. :biggrin:
Reply 28
when was your application (with supporting materials) completed?
Original post by ggk
when was your application (with supporting materials) completed?

Just last week. You? and what's your status now?
Reply 30
I wouldnt expect your status to change till a another week or so. Mine had been submitted about 4 weeks ago. Under consideration by degree committee. good luck!
That's good to know. Better than checking every day. Thanks man and goodluck!
Hi, does anyone know if the majority of the offers/rejections would happen this month or do we have to wait till March?
Reply 33
When did you apply, SamuraiJack?
My application was completed on the 7th of Dec. and shortly went to the 'under consideration...' phase. No changes since then.
Reply 35
Original post by Samurai_Jack
My application was completed on the 7th of Dec. and shortly went to the 'under consideration...' phase. No changes since then.

oh! you've been waiting for a longer time than i have! I just submitted mine a few fews ago. Mine's also at "under consideration by degree committee"
Any news guys? My friends in the other departments all got decisions this week. So I'm wondering will the economics department also follow the pattern.
Reply 37
Original post by Samurai_Jack
Any news guys? My friends in the other departments all got decisions this week. So I'm wondering will the economics department also follow the pattern.

Nope. Still under review by degree committee.
this year is a bit weird. If you check gradcafe you will find that no one has posted any offer for mphil Econ so far. either the department hasn't given out any offer or those who got offer do not know gradcafe. hopefully it is the previous one.
for many years Cambridge gave out mphil Econ offer in early February, but not this year. Anyone know why?:frown::frown:
Looking at the maths department in gradcafe and from the experience of my friends, they sent out mass acceptances and rejections at the same time last week. I guess the economics department is also planning something similar....
Reply 39
Hey guys! Degree Committee for Economics department is meeting on 23rd Feb. I guess decisions will be sent out next week.

http://www.admin.cam.ac.uk/offices/gradstud/meetings/pdf/meetingdates201415.pdf

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending