The Student Room Group
University of Leicester
University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website

University of Leicester 2015 Applicants

Hey, I thought the applicants thread for 2014 at Leicester was quite useful so decided to make one for the 2015 applicants.

Feel free to discuss anything relating to the university and your interests in the course, accommodation and town e.c.t.

What are you applying to study? :smile:

I'm applying for 2015 entry to study Computer Science with an Industrial year. :redface:

24/10/14 Update: UCAS application sent and under consideration. :smile:
04/11/14 Update: Received an offer for Computing instead due to my GCSE maths being grade C and not B.

Connect to University of Leicester here! You'll be able to see other applicants' grades and offers. If you enter your details it will be really helpful for other people applying. :h:
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

I'm going to be applying for law at the university of leicester
University of Leicester
University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by neal95
I'm going to be applying for law at the university of leicester

Awesome. Did you go to any of the open days?

Have you looked at accommodation?
Original post by JRHewett
Awesome. Did you go to any of the open days?

Have you looked at accommodation?

:smile: I'm planning to go to the 25th October open day and check out the accommodation then. However I have family who go to the university and they rate both the accompdation and teaching highly so it will definitely be a choice
I'm applying for Financial Economics. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by neal95
:smile: I'm planning to go to the 25th October open day and check out the accommodation then. However I have family who go to the university and they rate both the accommodation and teaching highly so it will definitely be a choice

Awesome!

I thought the accommodation was really nice. Hope you enjoy it :smile:

Original post by Exceptional
I'm applying for Financial Economics. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Cool :smile:

I'm looking to study Computer Science w/A year in Industry.
Im Looking to study marketing, anyone looked at halls and found the nicest?
Reply 7
Original post by georgeparkinson
Im Looking to study marketing, anyone looked at halls and found the nicest?

Yeah I went to a open day and in my opinion the Premium+ Ensuite room was the nicest type. That's available at a few halls notably John Foster.

With that said, I think the unconditional offers from gap years get John Foster because they are able to confirm it far earlier.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey,

I want to study English here and I'm planning to go to the open day on 25th October.
Hey everyone,

I just updated the OP with a link to University of Leicester connect page - if you haven't already go connect to see other applicants' grades & offers. Also, if you enter your details it will be really really useful for everyone else making their applications this year.

:woo:
I am applying for BA geography I already visited the uni last year but I am going again on the 25th it was an amazing uni the last time I went.
Original post by kingdoo
I am applying for BA geography I already visited the uni last year but I am going again on the 25th it was an amazing uni the last time I went.

I have never been to Leicester before, is it a nice area?
Original post by vintageredhead
I have never been to Leicester before, is it a nice area?

Yeah the accommodation was really nice probably the nicest and cheapest I have seen. As for the campus it is quite small, but the buildings/architecture was like really old and nice looking on the outside and the majority of the buildings have been updated in recent years. There is also a massive park outside of the uni which is used for socializing in the summer.
Original post by kingdoo
Yeah the accommodation was really nice probably the nicest and cheapest I have seen. As for the campus it is quite small, but the buildings/architecture was like really old and nice looking on the outside and the majority of the buildings have been updated in recent years. There is also a massive park outside of the uni which is used for socializing in the summer.

Sounds nice, I like the unis that have really old buildings.
Reply 14
Hey,

I want to study English here and I'm planning to go to the open day on 25th October.

I'm looking to study english at Leicester as well!
Original post by maymuyt
I'm looking to study english at Leicester as well!

Cool! Are you going to the open day in October?
I'm looking to study English & History, anyone going on the 25th? And anyone else looking to study the same subject? Would be great to get to know some people before the process really begins.
Original post by carabethh
I'm looking to study English & History, anyone going on the 25th? And anyone else looking to study the same subject? Would be great to get to know some people before the process really begins.

Hey, I'm going on the 25th and I'm applying for English. :-)
Hey, I'm going on the 25th and I'm applying for English. :-)

Yay, have you got any idea of the itinerary yet?
Original post by carabethh
Yay, have you got any idea of the itinerary yet?

I received an email on Thursday with a programme for the day.

Quick Reply

Latest