9th decile = 9/10, so in the 90-100%

Posted from TSR Mobile

thank you!! Aw that's brill
Reply 5
Original post by Ruqi_Cookie
9th decile = 9/10, so in the 90-100%

Posted from TSR Mobile

No, its 80%-90%.

The first decile is 0%-10%, so 9th decile would be 80%-90%. Sounds like a QR question.
Reply 6
What did you get in the UKCAT?
Reply 7
Original post by shiggydiggy
>Gets 9th decile in UKCAT
>Doesn't know what deciles are

Appropriate username :biggrin:

Yep OP, that's good. 90-100% range. Come to Nottingham, UKCAT is over 70% of the interview selection score :tongue:
Original post by alex193

Yep OP, that's good. 90-100% range. Come to Nottingham, UKCAT is over 70% of the interview selection score :tongue:

Original post by erudite
Is that good or bad? I have no idea what deciles are tbh

You're in the 80-90% range, not 90-100% range. Otherwise where would people in the 10th decile be?
Ok, got it, my bad, that's still really good, right? Kinda confused 😕

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Original post by JongKey
What did you get in the UKCAT?

700 avg! Dece score

Original post by alex193

Unforunately I can't apply to Notts! They don't allow more than one AS module resit per subject and I got a C in AS chem so I'm resitting all of my chem exams this Summer alongside A2s!

Original post by QuidditchFan
You're in the 80-90% range, not 90-100% range. Otherwise where would people in the 10th decile be?

Ahhh okay thank you! I thought that originally
Reply 11
So... If you are in the 9th decile, does that mean you are in the top 20% of candidates, subject to any change in the stats after September's candidates have been added to the data?
Original post by joolsm
So... If you are in the 9th decile, does that mean you are in the top 20% of candidates, subject to any change in the stats after September's candidates have been added to the data?

I think it's very important to seek confirmation from UKCAT about this. My understanding of it, and the way that universities and later FPAS rank by deciles, is that the 1st decile is the top one, and 10th the bottom, so 9th would not be very good. I would check this out before anyone starts celebrating prematurely, otherwise people could make very inadvisable university choices.
Original post by Helenia
I think it's very important to seek confirmation from UKCAT about this. My understanding of it, and the way that universities and later FPAS rank by deciles, is that the 1st decile is the top one, and 10th the bottom, so 9th would not be very good. I would check this out before anyone starts celebrating prematurely, otherwise people could make very inadvisable university choices.

Yeah I thought this was a bit strange, but it seems as though the UKCAT people rank deciles in ascending order so that the higher total score you get the higher decile you get. Which, I guess, kind of makes more sense as you're essentially travelling left to right along the x-axis of a distribution.

http://www.ukcat.ac.uk/App_Media/uploads/pdf/2014%20Preliminary%20Mean%20Scores%20310814.pdf
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by shiggydiggy
Yeah I thought this was a bit strange, but it seems as though the UKCAT people rank deciles in ascending order so that the higher total score you get the higher decile you get.

http://www.ukcat.ac.uk/App_Media/uploads/pdf/2014%20Preliminary%20Mean%20Scores%20310814.pdf

How very strange, and slightly stupid.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending