The Student Room Group

Advice needed for fellow second year maths?

Yo TSR people,
I need some advice, currently I'm in my second year of a mathematics degree at queen Mary university London I'm about to start my second year in a few days, but I didn't do so we'll in my first year got a 2:2 but the thing is this, I can't learn in lectures at all! Like seriously whenever I try to focus or concentrate my mind wanders and I end up looking at my phone so in the first semester I attended every lecture and learnt nothing lol by second term I didn't goto any but because of this I had more time to do the stuff and got higher in all those exams then the fort term ones, so really what I'm asking is this ; is going to lectures pointless for a maths degree when all you need to do is look at the notes which include the examples and goto tutorials which are basically exercise classes? I done this in year one an it works for the modules I done and I don't want a repeat of doing badly in my first term this time. Help me guys do you think lectures are a waste of time my lecturers are pretty **** lol :smile::frown::colone::colondollar:
Reply 1
get some self discipline, put your phone away and just pay attention

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending