The Student Room Group

HMRC Graduate Programme (Tax Professional) 2014-2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2020
There was an email from CSR on 1st June telling us the next steps. On that email if you scroll down it mentions it on there.
Kexy,
At the welcome event we all had locations on our badges, however those locations were of where we would be studying, not where we are located. For example, I had Leeds on my badge, however I am not based there, I will be based in Newcastle. Hope that helps a little.
But as Nas17 has said, the email on the 1st June (which can also be seen in the application portal) states the business area, manager and location.
Reply 2022
Got it - had a closer look at that email.

I guess I'll wait for my manager to get in touch now - only got pre employment checks completed last week, so hoping to reieve a final letters/contract or something soon.
Has anybody had a formal job offer here yet?
Original post by CB2011
Kexy,
At the welcome event we all had locations on our badges, however those locations were of where we would be studying, not where we are located.

Interesting... at the London welcome event we didn't have that!
Original post by Nas17
Can anyone provide any information on the White Rose location in Leeds, ie parking/transport links

I was talking to someone at the welcome event who had done the internship there last summer about this apparently there's not enough parking available and there's a rota in place as to who can park there. I don't drive so I've been looking at public transport and because it's next to white rose shopping centre there's a lot of good transport links there from the city centre and from other nearby towns.
Original post by Freebands
Does anybody know how the references are checked?

I read somewhere that they don't check them at all. Not 100% sure though! I didn't put any on the form and I've apparently passed all the pre-employment checks, Guess I might get asked for some at some point...
I've withdrawn from the process, had an offer in Belfast for TSP! Maybe this will free a space for someone?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2028
Has everyone heard from their line manager yet? Or should I be making contact with them?
Original post by kexy
Has everyone heard from their line manager yet? Or should I be making contact with them?

This is from the facebook page which they updated today:
Important InformationWe are receiving several enquiries about TSP 2015 official appointment letters and contracts of employment.Please note HRCSR are aiming to issue appointment letters by the end of the month once all pre employment checks have been completed, with contracts of employment to follow after that.

If the situation changes, we will update you via this Facebook page.Thank you
Original post by CB2011
This is from the facebook page which they updated today:
Important InformationWe are receiving several enquiries about TSP 2015 official appointment letters and contracts of employment.Please note HRCSR are aiming to issue appointment letters by the end of the month once all pre employment checks have been completed, with contracts of employment to follow after that.

If the situation changes, we will update you via this Facebook page.Thank you

Pre-employment checks finally complete. Too long at there end. Anybody heard from there manager yet?
Reply 2031
I've heard from my manager and going on 12th August to look round the office (Manchester). Still not got my DBS back though. I called audrey and she said she sent it off that day (tuesday) which I thought was a bit of a coincidence to say I'd rang that day. I checked online on the tracking service and it says it was sent on the 4th of June but still the checks haven't been started?! I suppose I'll just have to wait another week and call her again. Has anyone else still not had their DBS back yet?
Original post by cc248
I've heard from my manager and going on 12th August to look round the office (Manchester). Still not got my DBS back though. I called audrey and she said she sent it off that day (tuesday) which I thought was a bit of a coincidence to say I'd rang that day. I checked online on the tracking service and it says it was sent on the 4th of June but still the checks haven't been started?! I suppose I'll just have to wait another week and call her again. Has anyone else still not had their DBS back yet?

I've had quite a few problems with the DBS application myself. A few weeks ago I contacted Audrey to enquire about my DBS Status (as like you it said the checks hadn't started yet). She said she'd get someone to contact them and I heard no more. After contacting DBS directly, I learned that there were problems with the information sent to them and that they had to be corrected. After a few more phone calls, nothing really seemed to be progressing. Eventually, with the reference for my DBS application, I called DBS again and was asked to verbally correct the form to them over the phone. A few days later it all went very quickly and the certificate was printed. Basically, I'd just advise contacting DBS directly on 03000 200 190 with your reference number to find out why there have been delays in your application. I think, because Audrey is very busy with multiple matters, it's quite easy for problems to get lost in the mass of it all.

tl;dr.
Contact DBS directly on 03000 200 190 and enquire about why your DBS application hasn't progressed yet. They'll probably explain why and you should be able to correct the problem there and then.

Hope this helps!
Original post by kexy

I got an email from the line manager at Edinburgh not long after the welcome event. I honestly wouldn't worry and just hang on until they get in touch :smile:
Original post by ConorMC
I've had quite a few problems with the DBS application myself. A few weeks ago I contacted Audrey to enquire about my DBS Status (as like you it said the checks hadn't started yet). She said she'd get someone to contact them and I heard no more. After contacting DBS directly, I learned that there were problems with the information sent to them and that they had to be corrected. After a few more phone calls, nothing really seemed to be progressing. Eventually, with the reference for my DBS application, I called DBS again and was asked to verbally correct the form to them over the phone. A few days later it all went very quickly and the certificate was printed. Basically, I'd just advise contacting DBS directly on 03000 200 190 with your reference number to find out why there have been delays in your application. I think, because Audrey is very busy with multiple matters, it's quite easy for problems to get lost in the mass of it all.

tl;dr.
Contact DBS directly on 03000 200 190 and enquire about why your DBS application hasn't progressed yet. They'll probably explain why and you should be able to correct the problem there and then.

Hope this helps!

I had a hard time getting these checks done. The tracking number they gave me never worked for four weeks. Hmrc kept on saying keep trying in next 10 days and then I realised the tracking number they gave me was different from the one I had taken the picture on the form. I used that tracking number as well but there was no record of it. I mentioned this to Hmrc and only then I was given an option to redo DBS online. That is much quicker and got done within around 10 days. If anybody is having problem with DBS I'll suggest to be provocative and keep asking them about it on regular intervals.
Has anyone from the Newcastle Office heard from their manager yet?
Original post by CB2011
Has anyone from the Newcastle Office heard from their manager yet?

Not yet. Although I'm personally not too fussy if they don't. I'm sure the first few days will be spent walking us around the building and introducing us to different people anyhow. So meeting in advance doesn't really put us at much of an advantage.

It would also be such a carry on trying to get an afternoon off work to go meet our HMRC manager. Naturally couldn't tell my current employer where I'm going :colondollar:
I'm sure this has probably already been mentioned on the fb page but I can't find it. I'm supposed to be going on holiday for a long weekend and the flights are booked for a Thursday September 24th so I'd need to have the Thursday and Friday off. Does anyone know who im supposed to contact about this to see if I can have the time off?
Original post by AmeliaJane14
I'm sure this has probably already been mentioned on the fb page but I can't find it. I'm supposed to be going on holiday for a long weekend and the flights are booked for a Thursday September 24th so I'd need to have the Thursday and Friday off. Does anyone know who im supposed to contact about this to see if I can have the time off?

It would be your line manager.
Original post by bbounce
Interesting... at the London welcome event we didn't have that!

We did on ours- I was on the Portsmouth/Bristol table and we had 'Worthing' on our badges which I know is one of the training venues.
It might be your training location is the same as your work if you are somewhere large like London or Birmingham?
Although I have spoken to someone in my new team and they might be moving ours to our office.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending