The Student Room Group

HMRC Graduate Programme (Tax Professional) 2014-2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TSPNewc2015
Not yet. Although I'm personally not too fussy if they don't. I'm sure the first few days will be spent walking us around the building and introducing us to different people anyhow. So meeting in advance doesn't really put us at much of an advantage.

It would also be such a carry on trying to get an afternoon off work to go meet our HMRC manager. Naturally couldn't tell my current employer where I'm going :colondollar:

So you have already handed your notice in at your current employers before the letter of appointment?
I've been nervous to do that so far, but got mine written out to hand in on Friday as I want to take a short break before starting in September.
Original post by CB2011
So you have already handed your notice in at your current employers before the letter of appointment?
I've been nervous to do that so far, but got mine written out to hand in on Friday as I want to take a short break before starting in September.

I haven't yet. Will do so in the next week or 2 however as I need to give a months notice. From the sounds of it however the letter of appointment is a formality once the checks have gone through. Looking through the previous threads some people didn't get their contracts till after they started either. So I wouldn't worry about it.
Original post by TSPNewc2015
I haven't yet. Will do so in the next week or 2 however as I need to give a months notice. From the sounds of it however the letter of appointment is a formality once the checks have gone through. Looking through the previous threads some people didn't get their contracts till after they started either. So I wouldn't worry about it.

Anybody had there contract sent out yet?
Reply 2043
Has anyone else not received their dbs certificate in the post
Original post by Hasy1989
Anybody had there contract sent out yet?

There was a message on Facebook a couple of days back to say they're being sent out this week (by post) but mine hasn't arrived yet. HMRC do usually send letters second class though.
Reply 2045
Original post by Yoop
Has anyone else not received their dbs certificate in the post

I can't even track my DBS online, I don't think the DBS has even been sent off, this is a disgrace, Audrey keeps fobbing me off each time I ring her, don't know what to do anymore.
Original post by QE5
I can't even track my DBS online, I don't think the DBS has even been sent off, this is a disgrace, Audrey keeps fobbing me off each time I ring her, don't know what to do anymore.

Call DBS on 03000 200 190 with your national insurance number and date of birth ready. They should be able to find if you're on the system :smile: If that doesn't work then you could call Stuart? It's the Civil Services Resource team who should be dealing with it, but as Stuart is part of HMRC he may be able to help if DBS or CS Resourcing can't. Best of luck :smile:
I've recently joined as HO as i was one of the near misses!
It is ChAotic!!!
Original post by flyn786
I've recently joined as HO as i was one of the near misses!
It is ChAotic!!!

What is chaotic?
Reply 2049
Original post by ConorMC
Call DBS on 03000 200 190 with your national insurance number and date of birth ready. They should be able to find if you're on the system :smile: If that doesn't work then you could call Stuart? It's the Civil Services Resource team who should be dealing with it, but as Stuart is part of HMRC he may be able to help if DBS or CS Resourcing can't. Best of luck :smile:

Hi, thanks for that. I've called the DBS many times with my address, date of birth, national insurance number, e.tc., but they still can't track my application. Do you have Stuart's number? Just need to get in touch with someone at HMRC.
Original post by QE5
Hi, thanks for that. I've called the DBS many times with my address, date of birth, national insurance number, e.tc., but they still can't track my application. Do you have Stuart's number? Just need to get in touch with someone at HMRC.

Hi guys anybody got a contract of employment yet? I need one for tenancy agreement.
No, according to their facebook page they were being sent out on the 29th (last Wednesday), however there is a few hundred so I doubt they would have all been sent out in the same day.

I'm a bit nervous really (not there is probably any need), as I bit the bullet and handed my notice in to my current employers. Just wish everything was signed and sealed now though.
Original post by CB2011
No, according to their facebook page they were being sent out on the 29th (last Wednesday), however there is a few hundred so I doubt they would have all been sent out in the same day.

I'm a bit nervous really (not there is probably any need), as I bit the bullet and handed my notice in to my current employers. Just wish everything was signed and sealed now though.

I got the formal offer today but by email I thought we were gonna receive one by post.
Reply 2053
Original post by Hasy1989
I got the formal offer today but by email I thought we were gonna receive one by post.

I got a document through email today giving more information about the programme but not a formal offer or contract. Was yours a contract?
Original post by cc248
I got a document through email today giving more information about the programme but not a formal offer or contract. Was yours a contract?

It wasn't a contract it was just a formal offer. It could be because I asked for a financial reference.
I need to decide on Monday if I will hand in my notice to the current employer without having a formal offer from HMRC. Currently I'm minded not to, but maybe I worry too much.
Original post by bbounce
I need to decide on Monday if I will hand in my notice to the current employer without having a formal offer from HMRC. Currently I'm minded not to, but maybe I worry too much.

There is a very good chance you won't get your contract until you actually start. I wouldn't worry as it's just a slow process. If you have a formal offer then you have a job.

I've worked for a few departments at HMRC and I've never had my contract until a week or so after starting.
Got offer letter by e-mail this morning.

It names the wrong location...
I got the formal offer letter this morning too I logged on to the portal and this message was there:
Confirmed offerWe are pleased to confirm that all pre-employment checks have been completed satisfactorily. Therefore we need to confirm your acceptance of your contract by agreeing to the online declaration by clicking 'Next Stage' in the vacancy menu. If you have not already agreed a provisional start date you will be contacted shortly.
Am I supposed to wait for the contract to arrive to complete this bit??
Why work for HMRC when you can work against them as an accountant?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending