The Student Room Group

HMRC Graduate Programme (Tax Professional) 2014-2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by breloom78
Hey guys, just completed my application and I've been invited to do the online tests. How's everybody else finding the application?

Same, I have been invited to do the stage 1 online tests as well.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by LAX Inc
Same, I have been invited to do the stage 1 online tests as well.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do you know what they involve/know where there are any practise tests?

I don't really want to mess them up :frown:

Actually the answer is a resounding "No". A 2:2 is all you need to apply. It is not taken into account after that. It is all down to how you perform in the tests and assessment centre.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by breloom78
Do you know what they involve/know where there are any practise tests?

I don't really want to mess them up :frown:

Hi there,

http://www.jobtestprep.co.uk/hmrc-online-test

This website tells you what kind of tests included in the HMRC online testing. I recommend to practice Kenexa numerical and verbal sample tests via on their website: http://www.psl.com/practice/

For further advice, I recommend keep practicing on tests without time and with time.
Hi all,

I just did the situational judgement test but I completely messed it up :frown: I'd done other tests for other companies and done ok so was quite suprised. I guess I'm not as used to the situational type as I am with the numerical or verbal type. If you've not done the situational type before, I'd definitely recommend practising. Guess I'll have to wait until next year now...Good luck all!
I just took a practical numerical reasoning test and I got 2 out of 12. Not looking good for me!
I've just applied completed the situational judgement which was pretty easy in my opinoon and passed it the numerical and verbal are next I think I'm going to practice and wait a week till I do those
Reply 27
Original post by Mauricefred
I've just applied completed the situational judgement which was pretty easy in my opinoon and passed it the numerical and verbal are next I think I'm going to practice and wait a week till I do those

Do we get the tests in different orders then? I submitted my application and I've now been invited to do a numerical reasoning test, haven't done any situational judgement tests yet though...
Original post by Vrstar
Do we get the tests in different orders then? I submitted my application and I've now been invited to do a numerical reasoning test, haven't done any situational judgement tests yet though...

Hi the website says you do them in that order and the other person said she/he did the situational judgement test first also so I'm not sure how you skipped it ....
Reply 29
Original post by yellowjacket
Hi all,

I just did the situational judgement test but I completely messed it up :frown: I'd done other tests for other companies and done ok so was quite suprised. I guess I'm not as used to the situational type as I am with the numerical or verbal type. If you've not done the situational type before, I'd definitely recommend practising. Guess I'll have to wait until next year now...Good luck all!

Hi yellowjacket,

Sorry to hear your test didnt go well. How long is this test please?
Original post by Nomipk3
Hi yellowjacket,

Sorry to hear your test didnt go well. How long is this test please?

The test is half an hour long and you have 15 questions to answer
Reply 31
In on thread.

Will be applying this year to the HMRC grad scheme, but dunno which one I will apply to.
(edited 9 years ago)
Hello,

Has anyone sat the tests yet and if so, what percentile were you in?
Reply 33
Original post by SociallyWorking
Hello,

Has anyone sat the tests yet and if so, what percentile were you in?

do you only find that out when you've done them all? I've done the numerical, yet to do the verbal.
I'm not entirely sure. I know when I've done HMRC tests before, I've selected the feedback button and it tells you the percentile but I'm not sure at which stage you would get that.
Reply 35
Original post by Vrstar
do you only find that out when you've done them all? I've done the numerical, yet to do the verbal.

Hi Vrstar,

How did you find the numerical and how many questions were there please?
Reply 36
Original post by Nomipk3
Hi Vrstar,

How did you find the numerical and how many questions were there please?

it wasn't the easiest numerical test I've done, you have to take more time doing each question than other numerical tests so I ran out of time and had to just guess 4 of the answers. And it's 20 questions in 20 minutes.
Reply 37
Original post by Vrstar
it wasn't the easiest numerical test I've done, you have to take more time doing each question than other numerical tests so I ran out of time and had to just guess 4 of the answers. And it's 20 questions in 20 minutes.

Having tried some tests on the internet I can imagine time would be the biggest issue...anyway, good luck with yours
Reply 38
hi maurice :smile:
did you practice sjt before doing the test, if so, what did you use? :smile:
Original post by Saliii
hi maurice :smile:
did you practice sjt before doing the test, if so, what did you use? :smile:

Hi mate nope I didn't it was pretty straightforward in my opinion using common sense to answer the queations based on situations that would present themselves in a professional environment can't really revise for it tbh

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending