The Student Room Group

Aberdeen Medicine 2015 Entry

Anyone else looking to apply here?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

yes i am considering applying here, what is their selection criteria?
Original post by Sonnywithachance
yes i am considering applying here, what is their selection criteria?

I believe it's based on A2 predictions and UKCAT.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by Jaska
I believe it's based on A2 predictions and UKCAT.

Posted from TSR Mobile

My predictions are AAA but my UKCAT was a pretty low one of 625 (2500 total).
Do you think I'd have a chance at Aberdeen?
Reply 4
Hey my predictions are A*A*A and ukcat 655, band 1, will this be good enough for interview? Also do they use the SJT in selection process?
What weighting do they place on the UKCAT?
I think its highly likely Ill apply here. Perhaps I misread something on the boards but am I picking up on potential bias to Scottish students? To be fair I wouldn't blame them, and even if it is the case I wouldn't want to pass up the opportunity of applying there

Original post by skizzle
My predictions are AAA but my UKCAT was a pretty low one of 625 (2500 total).
Do you think I'd have a chance at Aberdeen?

From their website the lowest scoring applicant last year scored 1500, and the lowest scoring person who received an offer was 2390, so certainly I would consider it. If you are worried about having a score so close to the lower boundary - im like that with all the remaining unis I have to chose from!

Original post by uobo1
Hey my predictions are A*A*A and ukcat 655, band 1, will this be good enough for interview? Also do they use the SJT in selection process?

From what I got from their website UCAS and UKCAT are scored together and the highest scores (not sure on the actual number but at this stage I don't really care! too much info for each centre!) are invited for interview and the rest is self explanatory. Weighting is 30% UCAS, 20% UKCAT and 50% interview.

edit * whoops, quoted wrong person above!
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by topgear1987
I think its highly likely Ill apply here. Perhaps I misread something on the boards but am I picking up on potential bias to Scottish students? To be fair I wouldn't blame them, and even if it is the case I wouldn't want to pass up the opportunity of applying there

From their website the lowest scoring applicant last year scored 1500, and the lowest scoring person who received an offer was 2390, so certainly I would consider it. If you are worried about having a score so close to the lower boundary - im like that with all the remaining unis I have to chose from!

From what I got from their website UCAS and UKCAT are scored together and the highest scores (not sure on the actual number but at this stage I don't really care! too much info for each centre!) are invited for interview and the rest is self explanatory. Weighting is 30% UCAS, 20% UKCAT and 50% interview.

edit * whoops, quoted wrong person above!

From what I can see, its highly competitive for English students compared to Scottish students

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Thinking of applying! If only it wasn't so far away from home.. (6-7 hours :/)

Predictions of A*AA and a UKCAT of 700 band 1
Is this safe for Aberdeen...

Vr 550 :frown:
Qr 730 :biggrin:
Ar 640 :smile:
DA 590 :frown:
Sjt b1 :biggrin:

I am a resitter with extenuating circumstances and go to a bad school. I have received grades of A*ABc but I will be predicted A*AAb. Any others anyone could recommend? Thank you :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
does aberdeen have an airport
Thinking of applying here too :smile:
Hi guys,

I have 3 As achieved and 660 Band 1, but I'm from England.

Do you think it's worth applying?
Original post by pandagere
Hi guys,

I have 3 As achieved and 660 Band 1, but I'm from England.

Do you think it's worth applying?

Hey I got 3A's and 660 Band 1, from England too and I applied to Aberdeen :biggrin: Go for it, but have sensible choices for your other 3, as we have a relatively low UKCAT wah! I've also applied to Cardiff, Bristol and Exeter. Where else are you thinking of applying?
Original post by Alexandra123
Hey I got 3A's and 660 Band 1, from England too and I applied to Aberdeen :biggrin: Go for it, but have sensible choices for your other 3, as we have a relatively low UKCAT wah! I've also applied to Cardiff, Bristol and Exeter. Where else are you thinking of applying?

Ooh that's nice.

I'm applying to Cardiff, Bristol and Liverpool. So pretty similar choices :3
Reply 15
Are my stats good enough for Aberdeen
GCSE: 3A*s 5As 2B
AS: AAAC
Predicted: A*A*A
UKCAT: 610 Band 1 :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Predicted A*A*A and got 680 b1, but not sure if I'm applying because RUK entry is so competitive.
Hi I'm wondering if it would be wise for me to apply to Aberdeen?

GCSE: not taken (I am an international student and didn't have any pre-A levels qualifications other than my secondary school graduation cert.)
AS: AAAA
A2 Predicted: A*A*A*A*
UKCAT: 677.5, Band 1

Thank you very much!:smile:
Original post by pandagere
Ooh that's nice.

I'm applying to Cardiff, Bristol and Liverpool. So pretty similar choices :3

Good luck! :biggrin:
Please,Please help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Just countdown to the application deadline and I haven't make up my mind.
I am thinking about applying to abd, but not sure whether or not I am eligible.

I have achieved 3A* 5A and 1B on GCSE equivalent, AS A*aaa with ave 94.25%. Pred. A2 A*A*A*A*A*
My ukcat is 2650. Not sure if this is enough.

Thanks

Plus I am a damn Int'l non-EU student....
:frown:
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply