The Student Room Group

Ordinary Degree and UCAS Points

Hey, I'm hoping someone here can shed some light on my situation and how it will effect my UCAS application for 2015.

I'm looking to apply for courses in mental health nursing but don't have enough UCAS points with my A-levels alone to meet the entry requirements. However, last year I finished my (BA) Ordinary degree in Psychology and Marketing and have since been working in a mental health care environment. The main questions I have are:

Will I have to apply as a postgrad or does this only apply to people who have an honors degree?
If I apply as an undergrad does my degree have UCAS points attached to it?
All in all what are my chances of being accepted?

Thanks in advance for any help or advice.
an Ordinary degree is a level 6 qualification

therefore you will be applying on the basis of holding that qualification

whether you are eligible for GEN will be down to the HEI in question ( possibly not as you don;t have a honours degree 120 credits at 6/H ) or whether you will have ot enter via the standard undergraduate course using the existing HE qualification to override your poor UCAS score .
Reply 2
I'm currently only looking to apply to undergraduate courses, will my Ordinary degree be taken into consideration? I only have 2 full A-levels which is what was holding me back before but can I now use my ordinary degree in conjunction with these or will my A-levels be disregarded now that I have a higher level qualification?

Quick Reply

Latest