The Student Room Group

do you get paid for going college?

if so, how much. How often?
Reply 1
No, you don't get paid. However you can get a bursary if you have the right financial circumstances. This helps towards travel, equipment and general life costs. It is only a small amount.
Original post by 8472
No, you don't get paid. However you can get a bursary if you have the right financial circumstances. This helps towards travel, equipment and general life costs. It is only a small amount.

Ah, right. I heard you get around £20 a week with full punctuality. Thanks though.
Reply 3
Original post by STUDYREVISE
Ah, right. I heard you get around £20 a week with full punctuality. Thanks though.

It varies from college to college and your financial circumstances. I have full bursary so my college did a lump sum at the end of the first year but gave me a £50 voucher for their college shop and I got a free year bus pass.
(edited 9 years ago)
I honestly don't know. I just heard that you get money... but I don't know. I came to TSR for an answer... but I'm not completely sure.
Reply 5
My sister used to get EMA which was £30 a week which was means-tested, but they stopped that a few years ago :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest