The Student Room Group

Is it worth doing a Psychology degree?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by alevels.
Nothing aha, it's just not highly ranked for psychology, but I wouldn't mind going there. It's quite near to me, but I'm not sure about the teaching standard. Do you do psychology at middlesex?

well actually im starting in October haha (first year) so im not sure on how the teaching is yet. However, when I went on open day back in March, I really liked it the lecturers are good as well and they seem helpful
plus I liked the look of the university as well, it has some really great facilities
Original post by nicatre
It's all one big picture. Behaviour is dependent on brain, genes, physiology, upbringing, evolution, interactions, learning etc :smile:

Absolutely! :smile: the integrated sum of the parts over development makes the organism :smile:

It really bothers me when Psych people don't bother with or aren't interested in the biological. Psych is a biological phenomenon!
Reply 22
Original post by alevels.
After reading so many threads of TSR I have finally managed to gain enough courage to ask this question.

Personally I love Psychology. Even before I had studied it for A level I really loved understanding why and how people act the way they do. The human mind and behaviour is an area of interest and I have spent many hours researching different psychologists and different theories.

Having finished my A levels last year and getting an A* in psychology, I honestly could say I love the subject so much and I would be willing to do a masters and even a PHD if I have to. My main interest would be either educational/occupational psychology. I'm looking for volunteer work at a school as a TA as I've done it before and loved it! But having read the threads on here really make me sad! Is a psychology degree really worthless?

Hey I am called Locket and I am starting my psychology gcse in September do you have any tips for me ?
Reply 23
Hey to everyone I am starting my psych GCSE in September and this is the first ever year you can do it for GCSE so does anyone have any tips for me ?:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending