The Student Room Group
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website

How much statistics is involved with Southampton's Population and Geography course?

So for any students who have taken the course offered at Southampton University called 'Population and Geography',
How much of this course is based on statistics?
And also is there any other information in general with the course that I should know if i'm thinking of taking it... i.e. did you enjoy it? Whats good about it? etc.

Thank you :smile:
Original post by Ben163
So for any students who have taken the course offered at Southampton University called 'Population and Geography',
And also is there any other information in general with the course that I should know if i'm thinking of taking it... i.e. did you enjoy it? Whats good about it? etc.

Hey, have you found University Connect yet? It's super useful for finding other people on your course/at your university! :smile:

I'm going to pop this in the Southampton forum for you as you should find more people there :smile:
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website
Original post by Ben163

http://www.southampton.ac.uk/demography/undergraduate/courses/l701_bsc_population_and_geography.page#modules lists the modules you have to take which gives a feel for how much of it is based on stats - there's a fair amount of flexibility to take extra stats modules if that's what interests you

I didn't take the course but I've come across a number of students on the course and have always been incredibly impressed by them - they seem not only happy in their studies but because the course is quite small they're very sociable and keen on their subject.

Unfortunately with a small-ish course like this it isn't likely that there will be anyone on TSR from the course :frown: but you might get lucky

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending