The Student Room Group

Written about gap year in PS. Can I apply for 2015 and then defer?

Hi,

I plan to have a gap year but it entirely depends on finances. I won't know if I'll have enough money until May 2015. Therefore, I don't want to apply for deferred entry now until I know for certain. Despite this, I've written that I plan to take a gap year in my personal statement. Can I still apply for 2015?

Thanks.
Reply 1
yh just apply tell you unis
Original post by nmjasdk
yh just apply tell you unis

Tell them how?
Reply 3
Original post by Exceptional
Tell them how?

give em a a call and tell the you wrote in your personal statement this but circustances have changed make up something like you lost the work experience placement so tell em to ignore everything in the personal statement about deffering
Original post by nmjasdk
give em a a call and tell the you wrote in your personal statement this but circustances have changed make up something like you lost the work experience placement so tell em to ignore everything in the personal statement about deffering

So you mean apply for 2015, then if I have the finances by May, ring up and defer? Or do you mean as soon as I apply, ring up and say the gap year depends on finances, which explains why I haven't applied for deferred entry?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by Exceptional
So you mean apply for 2015, then if I have the finances by May, ring up and defer? Or do you mean as soon as I apply, ring up and say the gap year depends on finances, which explains why I haven't applied for deferred entry?

Posted from TSR Mobile

You apply for whichever you think is most likely - either deferred or non-deferred. Make sure your personal statement is consistent with this, so if you apply for non-deferred don't mention gap year plans.

Then, once you know for certain, you tell the uni if it's different to what you wrote on your ucas form. Unis don't have to let you change, which is why you must apply for whichever is most likely to happen. You also tell them as soon as you know, as then you have other options (eg Extra or Clearing) if they won't let you change.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending