The Student Room Group

Mario Balotelli racist abuse on Twitter.

So earlier today Balotelli was taking the mick out of another laughable United performance, which prompted a few inbred knuckle-draggers to send racist abuse to him on Twitter.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29302216

Of course, these people are morons. But being a moron should not be a crime. What a complete waste of police time this is. Let's have full freedom of speech in this country please, where racist idiots can express their bile and sensible people can verbally slap down said racist idiots. No police involvement necessary.
Reply 1
Um, how is it racist? Italians are white....
Reply 2
Are Italians white?

They look middle eastern to me.

My guess is they;re an admixture between european and middle eastern genes.
(edited 9 years ago)
If I was a manager I would ban all tweeting from players. Time and time again this **** happens. It's nothing but trouble.
Reply 4
Every post preceding this one is straight retarded.
Reply 5
It doesn't suggest an inherent racism in football, it just shows how moronic and racist some people are.
You get some retards who post crap, but then you also get Eliot Rodger type people who are actually dangerous
Original post by yo radical one
Not acceptable and I also wonder why people racially abuse rival players, it's not as if Man United has no Black players.

They sold their best black player to a rival club, they clearly don't like black people :tongue:

Jokes aside, it's disgusting people react like that to what is no more than a light-hearted jab at a rival team. I hope Balotelli nets three when Liverpool play United.
Original post by sunnydespair
You get some retards who post crap, but then you also get Eliot Rodger type people who are actually dangerous

What a great example of retards posting crap.

Should we just ignore all crime unless it's murder? Just because there are varying degrees of seriousness in crime, doesn't mean one should be ignored in favour of another unless it was preventing police from solving other cases, which I highly doubt it is.
I really don't think that Mario cares what we think of him, when he's earning that much £££.
Original post by blackened_sky
What a great example of retards posting crap.

Should we just ignore all crime unless it's murder? Just because there are varying degrees of seriousness in crime, doesn't mean one should be ignored in favour of another unless it was preventing police from solving other cases, which I highly doubt it is.

IMO I don't think there's anything wrong with saying bad things, but actually doing bad things is wrong, like if someone punched Mario
IMO I don't think there's anything wrong with saying bad things, but actually doing bad things is wrong, like if someone punched Mario

Words can be far more hurtful than a smack in the jaw. I've experienced bullying in the form of verbal abuse and it leaves a much deeper scar than being beaten up a few times ever would.

There's a reason things like racism is a crime, among other hateful abuse.
Original post by blackened_sky
Words can be far more hurtful than a smack in the jaw. I've experienced bullying in the form of verbal abuse and it leaves a much deeper scar than being beaten up a few times ever would.

There's a reason things like racism is a crime, among other hateful abuse.

I agree that words are more hurtful than physical abuse, but I still believe in complete freedom of speech when it comes to the law
I weep for how pathetic society is becoming, of all the junk that goes on online the police are investigating angry football fans being angry football fans? ffs
I agree that words are more hurtful than physical abuse, but I still believe in complete freedom of speech when it comes to the law

freedom of speech isn't there so people can be hurtful and racist, this has nothing to do with free speech and all to do with being a nasty, hateful person
Original post by #Ridwan
So earlier today Balotelli was taking the mick out of another laughable United performance, which prompted a few inbred knuckle-draggers to send racist abuse to him on Twitter.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29302216

Of course, these people are morons. But being a moron should not be a crime. What a complete waste of police time this is. Let's have full freedom of speech in this country please, where racist idiots can express their bile and sensible people can verbally slap down said racist idiots. No police involvement necessary.

I think the this country has become a joke.

Headline news: "offensive tweet"

We need a dictator or Golden Dawn to get our heads out of this mess.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Haven't seen any of the tweets but one of the reasons I love Ballotelli is his ability to rise above this kind of thing.

Unlike fake, whinging people like Jason Roberts and Sol Campbell.

Being Italian Mario has probably experienced more racism then either of those pricks but does he moan about it?
Reply 17
I imagine this will be another one of those things that will split people and many will say 'its just a tweet', but tbh I will have absolutely no sympathy for these people if they do end up being prosecuted. If it makes an example out of them and sends out a message to all the nasty trolls out there who think they're funny posting hatred online and that just because 'its only the internet' its okay, then so be it, even if the actual people in question don't actually believe in what they posted. Racism should be unacceptable anywhere, whether in the street or indeed online.
There is no excuse for racist abuse regardless of the context.
Reply 19
Original post by sr90
There is no excuse for racist abuse regardless of the context.

Absolutely, 100% this.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending