The Student Room Group

How do you make revision notes?

Or any other notes for that matter?
For me, the normal note format on lined paper looks too much like a textbook. I don't like it. :grumble:

But I don't know how else to revise. Things such as flashcards and post it notes aren't detailed enough for me. Any advice?? :confused:
this is a bit of what i've done for mine so far, hope it helps

Spoiler

Original post by Arithmeticae

Will rep ASAP.

What theme did you use? It looks neat. :smile:
Original post by addylad
Will rep ASAP.

What theme did you use? It looks neat. :smile:

Cheers :smile:

I can't remember cos I'm on my phone, but I'll get back to you when I'm on my computer (think it's just a standard report theme though :tongue:) Multilevel lists > all :colone:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Cheers :smile:

I can't remember cos I'm on my phone, but I'll get back to you when I'm on my computer (think it's just a standard report theme though :tongue:) Multilevel lists > all :colone:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks!

Yeah, it looks great.

I'm going to use a combination of this and the Cornell notes system, I think.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by kishette
Or any other notes for that matter?
For me, the normal note format on lined paper looks too much like a textbook. I don't like it. :grumble:

But I don't know how else to revise. Things such as flashcards and post it notes aren't detailed enough for me. Any advice?? :confused:

I used to get the revision cards with small lines on and write as much as I could on them, so basically still note format but in smaller chunks :smile: I gave up this year and just did them all in notebooks instead, though :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by addylad
Thanks!

Yeah, it looks great.

I'm going to use a combination of this and the Cornell notes system, I think.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Just found it, it's this one
Just found it, it's this one

Duly repped. :wink:
Reply 8

Looks neat :biggrin: !!!!
I'll give it a try, but don't think ill stick to it. The internet is very very distracting :tongue:
you could just use colours to help?? maybe that will work?
I have a system which always works for me but I've always thought that it depends on the person and you just have to try until you find a method which suits you.
I write notes on that section which are about three pages long for a half term of work. Then I highlight key terms an explanations an create questions on large cue cards which I learn by myself and then get someone else to test me.
If you have time I use past papers and then add notes to my notes on bits I got wrong or topics I need to expand on.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending