The Student Room Group

Refused Feedback

Hello!

I have joined your forum to ask for an advise in relation to feedback at BTEC Level 3 course at College. My girlfriend is currently studying BTEC Business Level 3 at City of Westminster College and she was informed by her teachers that she will not be able to receive any feedback for her assignments and whatever she submits will be final. She was even refused guidance when asked if she is doing the right thing / if she is on the right track during her lessons. She was told that these are the new rules and that teachers are not allowed to give feedback to students anymore. I call that bul***t. I am really sorry for my language but this situation is really getting on my nerves. I am current Masters Degree student and even at that level students are allowed to get guidance from tutors as well as feedback on the work. Is this kind of "teaching" allowed ? She does not want to complain to head of department as she already done so when she was doing Level 2 and she is not very liked by the head, she told me that she fears that she will get kicked, is she will complain. This also seems to me as being threatened by the staff and afraid of doing any action against college, which seems bit illegal to me too. What are your opinions ?

Thanks,

Daniel
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 1
These are the rules. They're allowed to help her in lessons though, as long as the assignment hasn't been given out yet. She can have 2 submissions for assignments.

Quick Reply

Latest